JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Police in Las Vegas, Nevada, sent in a SWAT team and locked down an entire neighborhood in response to somebody firing shots into the air, a common occurrence during July 4th celebrations.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department told a local news station it “believes the gun is in a home in the area or a vehicle and they obtained a search warrant from the District Attorney to put the neighborhood on lockdown while they look for the gun.”

After taking a number of people into custody, a SWAT team was sent in to “clear” the area. The police told residents to evacuate, but none elected to do so.

Las Vegas Hosted Gun Grabber Mayors

In June, the United States Conference of Mayors (USCM) held its annual meeting in Las Vegas.

According to a Mayors Against Illegal Guns press release, the USCM called on Congress to rollback the Second Amendment and impose a background check on all firearms sales and add mental health and other health records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns was founded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino. Bloomberg contributed $3 million of his own money to fund the group largely comprised of Democrat mayors.

» Cops Lockdown Neighborhood After Shots Fired Into Air On July 4th Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I can understand some kind of response because most likely it was within city limits but purely based on the story I would have to say this was a little 'overkill' and more of a show of oppressive, overwhelming force and not really a pragmatic approach to the situation.

Two points.
1) Las Vegas voters are morons. The current mayor is the wife of the city's last mayor. If my memory serves me correctly he hit the term limit and could not run.
Political nepotism is a disease of American politics.....and a real bad idea.

2) How was the warrant written? Has this DA read the actual text of the 4th amendement?
A search warrant has to be a lot more specific than just a whole neighborhood.

Additionally, the warrant was issued by the DA???

And if they found a firearm in their search how would they determine it was said firearm?

Granted people are hurt every year by morons shooting into the air but unless there's a witness I would think it near impossible to determine guilt.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top