JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw this a bit ago, thought about putting it here but figured someone would. I am a BIG defender of LEOs. I also am big on booting those who do stupid crap as the very few who do make the job of the rest even harder. This was an easy to see moron who had no business in that job. I have had little dogs like that decades. The 2 in my Avatar both acted like that dog did. Lot's a bark, no bite. Only time the male who is the most aggressive ever actually bit was when a family member who thought he would win him over, cornered him and tried to pick him up. Again another time he got out and some neighbor trying to help did the same. Walking little dogs I have MANY times had to run off large aggressive dogs who wanted to make a meal out of mine. OC has been amazingly effective on that. This idiot deserves more than just fired. Dog was not even showing the kind of real aggression my little male does. If LEO really felt threat OC would have sent the dog heading for the hills with no harm. He enjoyed doing that. If owner had not had it on tape the LEO would most likely still have a job. He would have sooner or later done something worse. Tax payers there are lucky to be rid of him as are his co workers. To the "we hate all Cops crowd" which sadly is often on display even here, this is the exception, not the rule. Video being everywhere is helping a lot in weeding out people who ended up with a badge who should not have one.

I also deal with them all the time. Most times calm but some aggressive. I just basically tell them to F OFF and they don't bother anymore. Only a handful of times have I thought about doin some damage with a shovel but never had to. Steel boots do have their charm....just sayn.......once had a pit that I was about to smack in the face with a shovel until the owner came out screaming. All the dog wanted was for me/us to throw rocks for him. He had a hell of a way of letting us know. He was our best friend for the next few weeks and followed us a couple miles down the road....cool as bubblegum dog......had she not have been there, I'd a killed her dog....
I almost shot a HUGE pit one day at a ball field long ago. Woman working him with toys and cones. I walk in on other end with new little dog. He see's us and comes at dead run. I picked up my dog and out came pistol. Woman running after her dog who was ignoring her, screaming for him to stop and that he was not aggressive. Only reason dog lived is his tail was going crazy and he did not "seem" to want to eat us. He got to me and jumped up on me trying to get at my dog. He was eye level with me at 5'11. Woman finally caught up, mad at me for pulling gun. I next pulled out cell and offered to let the law explain the leash law signs she ignored. She got mad and hustled to her car with her dog and took off. I HATE to hurt a dog when it's the owners damn fault but that dog almost took a bullet for her stupidity. That breed has been so ruined by morons that they make me very leery every time I see one now even though I am a big dog lover.

8 inch leather boots render those kinds of dogs harmless. I deal with dogs almost daily and Ive shot a couple. I've had several dogs dead to rights that I didn't shoot because though I had been bitten, the dog retreated because it bit out of fear and didn't want a fight.

In this situtation, move it out of the way with the toe of your boot or something. Its a freakin' barking rat. If I was working with that guy, you'd have heard me in the background, "dude, what the PHUCK!"

Glad they schit-canned him.

PS: Probably used 9mm. Woulda killed it if he was using that started with a .4

What is the typical situation that gets a dog shot so I can make sure to avoid it? Search warrents?

I don't think my pup would ever attack, but he does bark.

What is the typical situation that gets a dog shot so I can make sure to avoid it? Search warrents?

I don't think my pup would ever attack, but he does bark.

If a dog were to attack, it would likely get shot.

When serving a warrant, we will generally know there is a dog. We've already put up cameras, gathered intel in various ways, etc. Contingencies are often made to deal with the dog so that it doesn't get hurt.

I won't shoot one unless its actively attempting to bite. If its holding its ground and guarding, I try to find someone (family or other people familiar to the dog) to get control of the dog. If not, I'll spray a line of OC in the dirt and that often makes the dog think twice. Pepperballs and pyrotechnics will also get most to back away. Tasers are really effective, but you have to shoot it gangsta style to get the darts to fly parallel to the ground vs vertical.

It all really depends on what the purpose of the contact was. If I'm approaching something mundane, no reason to push the issue. If I'm egressive, things get tougher.

If a dog were to attack, it would likely get shot.

When serving a warrant, we will generally know there is a dog. We've already put up cameras, gathered intel in various ways, etc. Contingencies are often made to deal with the dog so that it doesn't get hurt.

I won't shoot one unless its actively attempting to bite. If its holding its ground and guarding, I try to find someone (family or other people familiar to the dog) to get control of the dog. If not, I'll spray a line of OC in the dirt and that often makes the dog think twice. Pepperballs and pyrotechnics will also get most to back away. Tasers are really effective, but you have to shoot it gangsta style to get the darts to fly parallel to the ground vs vertical.

It all really depends on what the purpose of the contact was. If I'm approaching something mundane, no reason to push the issue. If I'm egressive, things get tougher.

Damn man. Cameras? After all my preps, are you guys going to no-nock me when I am on the crapper? :eek:

I prefer dogs that are one level just above comatose...like my yellow lab. Everything gets past her.......except a meal.

20171203_112646.jpg

We had 2 Chihuahuas years ago. A whole lot smarter then me, let me tell you. Also they did not eat much. Superb watch dogs. With such big ears and eyes how could they be not so? Instant death to moles, gophers and mice. But ... we had to constantly watch out for hawks and eagles when outside.

Cop needed to burn for that crap!!

On the other hand, considering small dogs don't appear to be trainable, the people on this street that leave the little monsters to run loose? Let the barking rats come and go as they please from a garage? Some pet owners they are. They are almost as bad as the cop in my opinion.

Little dogs can't be trained. People with little dogs that bark at everything are the worst. People that say "Dogs bark, that's what dogs do". I've got one of "THOSE" that live next door.

Cop needed to burn for that crap!!

On the other hand, considering small dogs don't appear to be trainable, the people on this street that leave the little monsters to run loose? Let the barking rats come and go as they please from a garage? Some pet owners they are. They are almost as bad as the cop in my opinion.

Little dogs can't be trained. People with little dogs that bark at everything are the worst. People that say "Dogs bark, that's what dogs do". I've got one of "THOSE" that live next door.

Sadly a LOT of people own pets who should not. We take better care of our dogs than we do ourselves. It always leaves me shaking my head when I see dog owners who allow the dogs to run in the street to be taken or hit. If one gets killed or taken they seem to feel they are disposable and go get another.
The ones who allow them to bark constantly are like the ones who you see at the store with kids who are in full on melt down all the time. Wife and I joke about this at Wally. That there never seems to be a time you do not hear at least one screaming kid. That they must have a tape they play of it if no screaming kid happens to be around at any time :) This was why my last visit to a movie theater was my last one. Some idiot at an adult move with a baby. Baby screaming and crying until I had enough. I was just getting up to go tell the management I wanted my money back when parents finally took the kid out. By then it had ruined the movie for me. Working nights believe me barking dogs who bark at nothing all day are like fingernails on a chalk board for me. My dogs soon learn to NOT join in if there is nothing there :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top