JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the - ''Officer'' - did a great job!

One man controlling that situation putting people in a less defensive position by sitting them down. The young girl had been addressed more than once and it did not go well for her soon after. The officer did the correct thing drawing his side arm in self defense. The situation changed and was on the verge of going out of control that second.

I would like to see anyone that has not had his training in a situation where you are moved in on that fast by two young strong individuals, not look for a safe way out. My thought is just the two against one syndrome would frighten most of us to reach for help.
Never mind everything else he had just been through causing his adrenaline to reach a level most may never experience, and then not shoot.
We lost a Very High Quality Officer over this and one that will be difficult if not impossible to replace.
Silver Hand

What exactly did they 'get' for being 'punks' ? Probably nothing more than a good laugh when they heard the cop had resigned. While there is no doubt a increasing lack of respect for Law Enforcement overall it doesn't do much to garner respect when they see cops acting idiotically like this - almost as bad as those they are trying to 'control.

They got put in their place. Politics played it's ugly hand and they were later released, the Captain suckered up and refused to back his cops, so dude resigned.

I would have resigned too.

What's with kids these days thinking they can mob around a cop doing his job, and outnumbered at that. If your butt is stupid enough to have the cops called on you AND stupid enough to be there when they arrive.....you get what you get.

Justified? It's not against the law for a lawman to draw their weapon, especially in a dynamic situation such as this. Indeed, last I remembered, LAPD would sidle up to your car window with their handgun out and behind their leg.. just to say howdy.. all day long.

1: he had been called to TWO suicide calls that day, one where the man shaved his face off in front of his family with a shotgun

2: was reluctant to go to this call but responded when he heard that there was violence he went..

3: was receiving death threats afterward

4: being accused of being racist when he also was attempting to restrain white kids

I'm sure he was sick and tired of the BS.

Outnumberd, hostile crowd, surrounded.... Yeah. Sounds like self preservation was required.

And.......no one died or got shot. But will the MSM lay out all the stories of the people killed in Baltimore and Chicago this last month ?
The hell with the MSM feeding this garbage and stirring the public into a frenzy because a handful of white cops tried to control a unruly group of teenagers and young adults, that numbered close to 200, running through the neighborhood assaulting residents and failing to disperse.

And.......no one died or got shot. But will the MSM lay out all the stories of the people killed in Baltimore and Chicago this last month ?
The hell with the MSM feeding this garbage and stirring the public into a frenzy because a handful of white cops tried to control a unruly group of teenagers and young adults, that numbered close to 200, running through the neighborhood assaulting residents and failing to disperse.
I think he was the first responder. ie all alone at first. One would have to/try to muster some command presence on steroids in the hopes of achieving some level of compliance/effectiveness.

He was a first responder and he got flustered by all the kids running and taunting, there are times with that big a crowd(especially kids) when it would be wise to wait for back up to better control the mob mentality. It is tough to be a cop nowadays, one bad decision can end your career.

An eight year old can shank or shoot you just as easily as a twenty something... my unit engaged some dudes that attempted to ambush us, we lit them up... more than half were younger than my sons, and a couple had to be younger than 15. I was a M60 gunner at the time, it wasn't pretty. :(

From what I recall when I was in LE, its a simple mind set. You can draw your firearm anytime you see a threat, perceive there to be a threat, or as a means to direct hostile uncooperative persons during an investigation.

Looking at this, him drawing falls very clear people were interfering with his investigation furthermore, he several times made it clear he was detaining them, and they again did not comply. I do agree he didn't do himself any favor escalating the events, he perceived he could control the so called mob and that was his first mistake. The minute compliance was not possible he should have backed off and waited for backup as there was no immediate threat to the public or himself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top