JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't watch the SB - did click over twice to see who was winning. Ended up watching a movie with the wife while we ate on the ribs I made. Served over some rice I cooked up in the rice cooker. They turned out great, nice and tender, the sauce was sweet and sticky with an Asian flair.

This morning I noticed on the news that the animals in Philly are tearing their own city apart in order to celebrate their team's win. Blows my mind the crowd mentality/ignorance that goes hand in hand with events like this. Really puts into perspective how horribly you can expect things to be in a mass SHTF situation - there are a lot of uneducated animals out there that can't control themselves. All the more reason to be ready, armed and, hopefully, far removed from such population centers.

Since I didn't watch the game (won't reward the NFL for disrespectful azzhats kneeling) - does anyone know if there was any kneeling during the anthem? If so, I hope a lot of people will take it out on the NFL next season by not showing up and not watching. Screw those anti-American wastes of O2.

Didn't watch the SB - did click over twice to see who was winning. Ended up watching a movie with the wife while we ate on the ribs I made. Served over some rice I cooked up in the rice cooker. They turned out great, nice and tender, the sauce was sweet and sticky with an Asian flair.

This morning I noticed on the news that the animals in Philly are tearing their own city apart in order to celebrate their team's win. Blows my mind the crowd mentality/ignorance that goes hand in hand with events like this. Really puts into perspective how horribly you can expect things to be in a mass SHTF situation - there are a lot of uneducated animals out there that can't control themselves. All the more reason to be ready, armed and, hopefully, far removed from such population centers.

Since I didn't watch the game (won't reward the NFL for disrespectful azzhats kneeling) - does anyone know if there was any kneeling during the anthem? If so, I hope a lot of people will take it out on the NFL next season by not showing up and not watching. Screw those anti-American wastes of O2.

I make a big pot of chili for Super Bowl. Chuck, pinto beans, roasted green chilies etc. Slow cooked for 6 hours or so.

Consider all that foolishness was most likely fueled buy crap-face drunkenness. Not saying that they would do any better in a SHTF situation, just do it differently. Probably no light-pole-climbing. :rolleyes:

I like football! And, I'm disgusted by the "Kneelers" too. I used to always either go to a party, or have a few friends here. I "Used" to get all crap faced during the game, "Rah-Rah!", now I just get a little fart faced. I think it was the best game you can get, either team could have won. I had no real preference, but after the final play-off game and the full beer can attack by The Eagles on the losing Minnesota fans as they left the stadium I wanted the Patriots to win. Now I have nothing to look forward to on Sundays until September/18. :(

I don't get the half time shows? Don't they care about us folks over 30? Geezuz, what is that garbage? I tried to listen to it...Just pick up a word or two here and there, lips moving but nothing understandable with all the background blasting.

Commercials, way too frequent in the beginning. Taking away from the game, and not as good as they used to be. But it was still worth my time and a good game.

Yea, I think they should stick to older stars like when Tom Petty played the half time.

I guess it's all about the money and bringing in new younger people cuz they have the old timers hooked.

Hell even my daughter and wife who don't watch a single game thu out the year insist that the super bowl is an annual traditional event.

I paid attention to not much of it and it was free so I didn't feel like I was supporting the NFL or anyone else other then a statistic.

I certainly won't be buying Tide to wash my clothes in:p

If there were any kneelers, the camera did a good job in not showing them during the anthem.

Made a simple Velveeta and Ro-Tel cheese dip in the crock pot and poured it over some tortilla chips to get the arteries clogged up a bit.

I make a big pot of chili for Super Bowl. Chuck, pinto beans, roasted green chilies etc. Slow cooked for 6 hours or so.

Consider all that foolishness was most likely fueled buy crap-face drunkenness. Not saying that they would do any better in a SHTF situation, just do it differently. Probably no light-pole-climbing. :rolleyes:

I like football! And, I'm disgusted by the "Kneelers" too. I used to always either go to a party, or have a few friends here. I "Used" to get all crap faced during the game, "Rah-Rah!", now I just get a little fart faced. I think it was the best game you can get, either team could have won. I had no real preference, but after the final play-off game and the full beer can attack by The Eagles on the losing Minnesota fans as they left the stadium I wanted the Patriots to win. Now I have nothing to look forward to on Sundays until September/18. :(

I don't get the half time shows? Don't they care about us folks over 30? Geezuz, what is that garbage? I tried to listen to it...Just pick up a word or two here and there, lips moving but nothing understandable with all the background blasting.

Commercials, way too frequent in the beginning. Taking away from the game, and not as good as they used to be. But it was still worth my time and a good game.

Homemade chili - always good stuff :)

As for halftime - I don't know who they're trying to reach - clearly not the older generations, but it seems to work for them :s0092:

I gave up on the stupid bowl years ago.... got better things to do.

Me too, the wife and I got a good start looking at what $$$ we have, assets & all the crap we have acquired over 40 years for our future move to a free state.
I'm Bubbleguming tired of fighting for my rights EVERY YEAR!!!!

Sorry for the off topic rant folks, carry on.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top