JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Control The Debate

It is obvious that recent mass murders have two things in common. Mentally deranged people and guns. Like it or not, the gun control debate will heat up considerably and some type of gun control will likely follow.

IMO no gun control will not solve these shootings... Kinda like restricting vehicles so drunk drivers won't drive or restricting doughnuts so fat people won't die of being diabetics or high blood pressure , It's not going to work ...

Training and Arming the people will work, The hero teacher that hid the kids, Train her and arm her...
If more people received training and carried a lot of this crap would stop or not last as long...

The anti gun people are screaming gun control to stop this B.S., What is really going on is they want to remove the guns so WE can be controlled, We as the main population so we are not as much of a threat to the government ...

I don't disagree with your sentiment but please be careful about what information you see on social networks. There are a lot of fabricated stories being posted as fact:

snopes.com: Shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary SChool in Newtown, Connecticut

Bernie -

I wanted to understand where you were coming from so I read your other comments and see you were understandably affected by the sad events in Connecticut. I'd be worried if you weren't.

You are certainly correct the recent school shooting event involves both a mentally deranged person and guns - one is a person and the other an object. And of course it makes more sense to deal with the actors (people) than objects.

We know it's already illegal to sell guns to deranged persons. The recurring problem is how to identify them and then how to keep them from coming into possession of a firearm - or any other object capable of hurting others. That probably involves the question what are we going to do to a nation of 350 million people to accomplish that.

I've never heard a balanced and workable approach to that dilemma. You've given this a lot of thought. Did you have some ideas along those lines? That would be very interesting at least to me.

I've been a Life Member of the NRA for about 50 years. Some time ago there was an article in the American Rifleman about home defense. Their conclusion was that a pump shotgun of any gauge loaded with #6 shot was more accurate, more deadly and far safer than any pistol or rifle round - it won't penetrate two layers of sheet rock and still have lethal force.

Many people may hunt effectively with those rounds. With assault weapons? C'mon. Is it really sportsmanlike hunting to use a weapon whose accuracy is not designed for the task.

I don't have a problem with the ownership of assault rifles. Just treat them like fully automatic weapons. Get the license and register it.

If you think an assault weapon is going to protect you from your own government, it's time you were counseled. The government is well aware of gun ownership statistics. It is also well aware of the second amendment.

I regularly hunt with an sks that has a five round mag. I have never had to fire a second shot within 100 to 200 yrds. The most a deer or hog has run after gettin hit was 50 yrds or so an elk went about 65rds and 2 blackies dropped on the spot. The round is very effective for hunting and is more accurate then people give it credit for.

#6 bird shot has more penetration then a ballistic tip 223/ 5.56 or a home defense 7.62x39 rnd.

I chose my home defense weapons on knowledge of rounds and knowledge of platforms. I have 7 kids and i dont want rounds overpenetrating. All my home defense weapons have lights with instant on switches and holo sights. Have i had more training then the average joe citizen, yes.

As for my semi-autos for protection against what ever it may be..... ya they will work

He stole it from his nutlog MOMMIE in his home. Not the same as a burglery. Society is not going to tolerate this much longer, get used to it.
The guy stole the gun. There shouldn't be any gun control debate. Control thieves, not law abiding citizens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top