JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK I was just wondering how the law reads on concealed weapon on your own property in or out of home but still on your own or private land. How I was reading it if somone wanted me to carry concealed on their property or I was carrying on my own property a ccw is not needed in oregon. Is this correct?

I believe Oregon is like Washington in they are of "English Law" ,so if there isn't a law against it,it is legal.

So where is the law that says you can't carry any way you want on private property?

I believe Oregon is like Washington in they are of "English Law" ,so if there isn't a law against it,it is legal.

So where is the law that says you can't carry any way you want on private property?

Our whole nation is like that. Yet you've got to know what's prohibited in order to deduce what's allowed.

Sorry man, by rules of debate I don't have to.

You've already been presented with a valid legal argument. If you want to refute it, it's up to YOU to produce an argument.

I can verify that WA is under common law statute and that what isn't prohibited is allowed. the only sticky point of OC is our bizarre brandishing law which puts into the hands of the jury virtually anything thar's "threatening."

I'm not sure what is being questioned anyway. I mean if you have a gun in your pocket and are walking around on your own property,SANELY,who would even have a clue you were CCing?

What's the issue here?
If you are acting like an A$$hat or yelling at the neighbors,you may get a visit.And if you did or said anything threatening,they may ask if you are armed.

But mowing the lawn? Walking to the garage while CCing?

Who would know?

Well if you want a list of everything prohibited and thus not covered by the old English law of, that which is not expressly prohibited is permitted, I would say you are asking for a post that someone could very conceivably spend the rest of their life on.

a3821298-245-Youre-a-troll-A-very-successful-troll.jpg

Well if you want a list of everything prohibited and thus not covered by the old English law of, that which is not expressly prohibited is permitted, I would say you are asking for a post that someone could very conceivably spend the rest of their life on.

List of everything prohibited ? Are you serious ? Okay, let's assume you are. All it takes is the statute which prohibits carrying of concealed firearms where the text suggests that private property is exempt. Then there might be some case law people heard about, etc. My post was to highlight that the attitude "I do it, so it must be legal" is a bad one, and can come out with legal consequences for somebody one day.

List of everything prohibited ? Are you serious ? Okay, let's assume you are. All it takes is the statute which prohibits carrying of concealed firearms where the text suggests that private property is exempt. Then there might be some case law people heard about, etc. My post was to highlight that the attitude "I do it, so it must be legal" is a bad one, and can come out with legal consequences for somebody one day.

And when that doesn't exist?

And when that doesn't exist?

What do you mean that doesn't exist ? Oregon prohibits carrying concealed in public without CHL, so statutes are there. Google, analyze, and make a point.
And like I said, though normally not easy to find, case law sometimes makes a lot of difference. To give you an example from our neighbors :
You can carry concealed firearm on private property in California (without a permit), but a court decision altered definition of private property - if it's not fenced, then it's not private.

I am sure there is a more renown link for this.

================================================

Oregon Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Oregon

It is unlawful to carry concealed upon the person or concealed about one's person in a vehicle any firearm unless one has a license to carry a concealed weapon.
Exceptions to the above prohibition are:

Persons possessing a handgun at their home or place of business.
Organizations, which are by law, authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States.
Policemen and law enforcement personnel, whether active or honorably retired.
Military personnel when on active or reserve duty.
Members of a shooting club while at a range or going to and from a range.
Licensed hunters or fishermen, while engaged in hunting or fishing or going to and from a hunting or fishing expedition.
Merchants transporting or possessing firearms as merchandise.
Duly authorized military or civil organizations while parading or traveling to a meeting of their organization.
Corrections officer while transporting convict. Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not considered to be concealed.

What do you mean that doesn't exist ? Oregon prohibits carrying concealed in public without CHL, so statutes are there. Google, analyze, and make a point.
And like I said, though normally not easy to find, case law sometimes makes a lot of difference. To give you an example from our neighbors :
You can carry concealed firearm on private property in California (without a permit), but a court decision altered definition of private property - if it's not fenced, then it's not private.

===============================================

The bolded is not factual, there are exceptions for conceal carry with out a license.

===============================================

The bolded is not factual, there are exceptions for conceal carry with out a license.

I wasn't making a factual statement. All I was saying there is some regulation in place, and one has to read the statute to figure out its reach.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top