JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a WA CPL and I'm thinking of taking my wife and young son to the Silverwood theme park in the CDA area. What is the legality of a "no guns/carry" sign in ID? I'm fairly comfortable reading the WA RCWs, but haven't navigated the Idaho Statutes that much.

The Silverwood theme park says "no knives or guns":click. That could of course just be the usual insurance thing, but it's a kid/family place, so there'll be enough sensitive management that can't bear the scent of the Hoppe's #9 cologne.

When searching a bit, I found this on the Idaho Attorney General's pages: click. Interesting choice of words, because it's pretty vague, as if there are no actual articles on it and no clear existing case law (emphasis mine):

Private businesses are within their rights to prohibit weapons on their property. It does not appear that these statutes prohibit private property owners from restricting weapons on their private property.

Any folks that have more knowledge or can refer me to relevant materials? I understand the whole "concealed is concealed" thing, but I'd rather know. Although it appears both park and AG are already not on my side.

Thank you Koda, I was looking for that site, it's been a few years since I've consulted it. I found a some of the known others with reciprocity maps and such, but not this one. I like the nice summary. It appears the sign works the same as here in WA, basically leave if they ask you. The AG's page seems to indicate he's a bit of an anti and maybe happy to prosecute. But I've never been "outed" since I started carrying (almost 5 years), so I might be worried over nothing. :)

Most of Idaho you will find more forgiving than most of Washington when it comes to being a stickler for statutes. I have several law enforcement friends here who tell me stories of letting normal folks who have run afoul of gun law go with a warning. This is gun country and 80% of LE are not going to make a fuss over a well intentioned mistake involving a firearm.

Now I am not saying you should not know and follow the law, however the difference between making a mistake in Western Washington and making a mistake in most of Idaho (Boise and Sun Valley might be exceptions) is the difference between a felony charge and a friendly discussion about how you shouldn't do that any more.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top