JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a wonderful experience with Hosie Consulting and Training. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable. If I remember correctly, he starts with safety and proper gun handling over multiple firearms to give you an idea of your different carry options; he has rentals available depending on how new you are to shooting. The first half of the class is a lesson on safety, proper procedures, staying within the bounds of the law, what to do/not do, and where the grey areas are. Then you can get range time in and go over safely drawing/holstering and then shooting at photorealistic targets.
Something he does well is it is not a large class. He usually works with small groups or individuals, which is nice because you'll get personalized/detailed training to help you grow your skills.

I believe that there is a minimum of what is gone over, but if information is what you seek, refer to ORS 166. If training is what you seek, I recommend gun training in addition to the CHL class. Since you're already taking the class for Oregon, I recommend you get the Utah at the same time. Good luck and be safe.

Closest to you would be Jim Jacobe in Salem. He runs a good class that covers all the basics (safety, gear, etc.) and Oregon use of force statutes. Clackamas Public Safety Training Center also runs very good CHL classes. I believe both offer curriculum that satisfies the requirements for OR and UT CHLs.

The NRA course "NRA Basic CCW" is a great start. To find a course near you go here:

Here's what I got searching all of Oregon today:

COURSE TITLECITYCLASS DATEMORE INFO
NRA Basic CCWStayton, OR10/29/2022Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWSherwood, OR11/4/2022Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWSalem, OR11/5/2022Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWEnterprise, OR11/26/2022Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWEnterprise, OR1/7/2023Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWEnterprise, OR2/4/2023Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWEnterprise, OR3/4/2023Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWStayton, OR3/10/2023Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWEnterprise, OR4/1/2023Click for details Show Map
NRA Basic CCWStayton, OR8/8/2023Click for details Show Map