JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking at getting a .357 (not SIG) and have so far figured out that if I get a S&W, I am going to want a model 27 or 28 (large N frame). The prices I am seeing on those have made me think of looking at other Brands, so far the Ruger GP100 seems to be a close match size wise but I am wondering which Taurus model is similar to the S&W 27/28.

I'm not looking for concealment obviously, just for reference, my S&W 629 leaves my pinky finger with almost nothing to grab onto and I don't care to have a gun feel like a toy in my hand (well alright, I don't want it to feel "toy sized").

Any feedback on other Brands of .357 revolvers wouldn't hurt

Thanks.

Ron Patton

I have an old N-frame Taurus model 66 .357 that I love... It shoots great and reliable, the only bad thing about it was the grips but I put hogues on which fit my smaller hands better.:)

Thanks guys, that's the kind of stuff I was looking for, didn't realize the security six was a full size because I haven't found one in a gun store to wrap my hands around. The redhawk does seem to be as rare as you say, I searched gunbroker for "redhawk" last night and out of 7 pages of stuff (grips and holsters were also listed), there was ONLY ONE in .357, unfortunately it was priced accordingly. I did think that the model 65/66 in Taurus was the full sized frame just wasn't sure so again, thanks for the confirmation.

Ron Patton

You might also consider just trying different grips an an L or N size frame. I have a couple Dan Wessons. One has Pachmayer grips and feels small in my hand. The other has the factory wooden grips and feels huge. The one that feels large is a .22 LR which has the same frame as the .357 that feels small. They are medium frame (which I think a DW medium is the same as a large for other guns).

I like K frames just because the action seems a lot faster and smoother. I have an L frame that I like and it has the factory S&W/hogue grips. It feels a little small but the grip is positive with those finger grooves and the soft rubber.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top