JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking at getting a .357 (not SIG) and have so far figured out that if I get a S&W, I am going to want a model 27 or 28 (large N frame). The prices I am seeing on those have made me think of looking at other Brands, so far the Ruger GP100 seems to be a close match size wise but I am wondering which Taurus model is similar to the S&W 27/28.

I'm not looking for concealment obviously, just for reference, my S&W 629 leaves my pinky finger with almost nothing to grab onto and I don't care to have a gun feel like a toy in my hand (well alright, I don't want it to feel "toy sized").

Any feedback on other Brands of .357 revolvers wouldn't hurt

Thanks.

Ron Patton

I have an old N-frame Taurus model 66 .357 that I love... It shoots great and reliable, the only bad thing about it was the grips but I put hogues on which fit my smaller hands better.:)

Thanks guys, that's the kind of stuff I was looking for, didn't realize the security six was a full size because I haven't found one in a gun store to wrap my hands around. The redhawk does seem to be as rare as you say, I searched gunbroker for "redhawk" last night and out of 7 pages of stuff (grips and holsters were also listed), there was ONLY ONE in .357, unfortunately it was priced accordingly. I did think that the model 65/66 in Taurus was the full sized frame just wasn't sure so again, thanks for the confirmation.

Ron Patton

You might also consider just trying different grips an an L or N size frame. I have a couple Dan Wessons. One has Pachmayer grips and feels small in my hand. The other has the factory wooden grips and feels huge. The one that feels large is a .22 LR which has the same frame as the .357 that feels small. They are medium frame (which I think a DW medium is the same as a large for other guns).

I like K frames just because the action seems a lot faster and smoother. I have an L frame that I like and it has the factory S&W/hogue grips. It feels a little small but the grip is positive with those finger grooves and the soft rubber.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top