JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.22lr sells like it's covered in gold around here locally still.

It's generally gone within hours if not minutes when it hits the shelves.

Same with the online forum offerings. If it's anywhere near a "decent" price, it's gone in under an hour (or 15 min sometimes).

If you search the ammo classifieds, the only .22lr available will be highly marked up.

If your desperate to get some .22, I'd advise armslist and work out something where you can go pick it up in person while your here; it'll cost you though most likely.

Driving from store to store at 9am is the other option. However, I do that quite often and rarely find .22's, so it is time or money.

Time is risky, money is expensive...

Best of Luck either way!

You may want to move on to other calibers like a lot of us have. If you are not reloading yet, it is time. You can reload a lot of pistol ammunition and even low power rifle ammunition for cheaper than a lot of scalper price .22lr ammo out there.

Last Edited:
Here's what I would do, knowing the local market and geography...
Keep in mind that, in aggregate, these suggestions carry a chance of success well below 100%. By themselves, each suggestion is well below 50% (and closer to zero) in terms of finding .22lr.

-Each morning (9:00), start making the rounds at the local Bi-Marts, including the Tigard store. Shipments generally appear in the later mornings, but the staff can often tell you if a truck is coming in that day.
-hit up Fishermans Marine in Tigard about 12:30. If they have any, immediately scoot to the FM in Oregon City.
-Sportmans Warehouse ( one in Salem, one in Portland on SE 82nd) receive shipments on Thursdays. Need to be there in the morning to find anything good.
-Last, the new Cabelas...don't know enough about their schedule, but my best luck lately has been the Cabelas in Eugene/Springfield, so the local one should be on your list.

Again, after all you time and energy, I won't be surprised if you still come up empty, but at least this gives you a starting plan. Good luck.

We're approaching 2 years since Sandy Hook and .22lr is still scarce and, when you can find it, typically overpriced. I'm quite surprised that this issue has yet to resolve. Seems to be plenty of other ammo on the shelves, but .22lr is still a treasure hunt. Good luck.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.