JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup. I have plans. It is my birthday, and I have to prep for my colonoscopy on Tuesday. :s0054:
1. It's better to know than not. 2. You can now try those taco trucks and you won't need the prep. 3. DW and I went in for simultaneous colonoscopies a few years back. No discount. I've had three cancers and was told to come back in 10 years (Ha!). She has had no cancer and was told to come back every 5.
Go figure.

Oh! Final point: Enjoy the evil white European genocidal oppressor* day before its' cancelled.

*You know, Columbus.

Last Edited:
1. It's better to know than not. 2. You can now try those taco trucks and you won't need the prep. 3. DW and I went in for simultaneous colonoscopies a few years back. No discount. I've had three cancers and was told to come back in 10 years (Ha!). She has had no cancer and was told to come back every 5.
Go figure.
I take this more serious than most. My Dad died of Colon Cancer a few years back.

I take this more serious than most. My Dad died of Colon Cancer a few years back.
Indeed. One of the Brits on a cancer forum I was on has about 10" of colon left due to several relapses. But, he's still alive. As he said "Localized colon cancer is a nuisance. Advanced colon cancer is deadly."

As to cancer in general, treatment of all cancers is advancing rapidly and there are now more options and new non-chemo drugs which are far less toxic. As well, I am huge on clinical trials, as I have been in four so far. They are the only way medicine is advanced.

You have my prayers for a good outcome.

My Dad died of Colon Cancer a few years back.
So sorry to hear of your loss. :(

As to cancer in general, treatment of all cancers is advancing rapidly and there are now more options and new non-chemo drugs which are far less toxic.
Indeed, I have been following developments lately and it is fascinating. (We lost a loved one to pancreatic cancer last year, so reading more articles on the topic.) One from National Geographic: New cancer treatments may be on the horizon—thanks to mRNA vaccines.

So sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Indeed, I have been following developments lately and it is fascinating. (We lost a loved one to pancreatic cancer last year, so reading more articles on the topic.) One from National Geographic: New cancer treatments may be on the horizon—thanks to mRNA vaccines.
Science is now into the micro of how cancer cells divide, and the signaling pathways they use. Then, it is a matter of trial and error in the lab to find ways of blocking those pathways. All the while leaving healthy cells alone - a huge task.

However, for five years, I was on one of the newer biological drugs for lymphoma. It had side effects that were tolerable, but its main effect was to trigger cancer cells to die. Each cell in our bodies has a "programmed cell death" in which the cell is at the end of its life span and then clones itself before dying off. The problem is that in the cancer process, the old cells do not die off and the new cells clone themselves uncontrollably. And then they do not die off.

So, the old "kill 'em all" chemotherapy drugs are still here, but slowly on the way out. I dream of the day when we go to the pharmacy and buy a bottle that is labeled: "Take as needed for cancer"

Little round of Hunter's Golf for me.

IMG_20211011_133043771.jpg IMG_20211011_141552_422.jpg IMG_20211011_132830852.jpg

I've got these techsights dialed in. This otherwise stock 10/22 is printing a 4in group at 100 yards. Consistently hitting 200y targets in one or two shots.

Trying to prep for our of state elk hunt end of this month, spending Christopher Columbus day getting my pack finalized and then going for a 4 mile hike with it on and see how we do!😳 I'm VERY out of shape, but have managed to shave 12 lbs over the last several months!

I had a smoking hot wheel bearing on my toy hauler when I got home Saturday evening, I opened it up this morning and the retaining nut was off completely. everything but the wheel bearings and seal are going to be ok so today I am thanking my lucky stars that the wheel assembly didn't come off somewhere between Prineville and home!
got things fixed and put back together this afternoon, should be good to go. still a mystery as to how that happened, I just packed the wheel bearings last summer and only have one trip since the repack, the other 3 were cool as a cucumber.

Science is now into the micro of how cancer cells divide, and the signaling pathways they use. Then, it is a matter of trial and error in the lab to find ways of blocking those pathways. All the while leaving healthy cells alone - a huge task.

However, for five years, I was on one of the newer biological drugs for lymphoma. It had side effects that were tolerable, but its main effect was to trigger cancer cells to die. Each cell in our bodies has a "programmed cell death" in which the cell is at the end of its life span and then clones itself before dying off. The problem is that in the cancer process, the old cells do not die off and the new cells clone themselves uncontrollably. And then they do not die off.

So, the old "kill 'em all" chemotherapy drugs are still here, but slowly on the way out. I dream of the day when we go to the pharmacy and buy a bottle that is labeled: "Take as needed for cancer"
As a cancer survivor myself, that sounds awesome! A rare form of leukemia took my dad last year. I HATE cancer.

I probably need to schedule my first colonoscopy too. I've heard the stories and sure don't look forward to it, but I do want to get it done. If something is wrong, I want to know about it ASAP.

Always treaded myself to a nice juicy burger with all the fixins, russet tater fries and a nice cold 22 oz IPA, after the procedure. No better way to reintroduce food to the digestive system…

That's what I did; stopped at the Five Guy's on the way home - but got a chocolate shake instead of the IPA.
I'd totally go for the IPA. My gut flora has had a day off. Back at it lads! What doesn't kill all of 'em makes 'em stronger, right? :D

As a cancer survivor myself, that sounds awesome! A rare form of leukemia took my dad last year. I HATE cancer.

I probably need to schedule my first colonoscopy too. I've heard the stories and sure don't look forward to it, but I do want to get it done. If something is wrong, I want to know about it ASAP.
Want strange? Suspecting a relapse, I had a small intestine biopsy via colonoscopy. They had to go through the junction valve into the small intestine (ileum). I need a lot of sedation, as I was awake through most of it, telling doctor what I knew about T-Cell Lymphomas. I could feel the tool nipping tissue samples and I thought it was pretty cool, actually. When they wheeled me out of the OR, doctor came out with the strange expression on his face, paused, then went back in. They are used to working in secret, I guess.

Want strange? Suspecting a relapse, I had a small intestine biopsy via colonoscopy. They had to go through the junction valve into the small intestine (ileum). I need a lot of sedation, as I was awake through most of it, telling doctor what I knew about T-Cell Lymphomas. I could feel the tool nipping tissue samples and I thought it was pretty cool, actually. When they wheeled me out of the OR, doctor came out with the strange expression on his face, paused, then went back in. They are used to working in secret, I guess.
I got to watch them snake a probe through my heart looking for blocked arteries. Literally through one of the chambers of the heart. If I hadn't been on "anti-anxiety" drugs I'd have been climbing the walls. Instead it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top