JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Are you looking for a Colt specifically for your own personal reasons, or an A2 rifle for the sake of having an A2? I just built an A2 with a Magpul twist for just under $800, minus the lower which I had in the safe for years. I'd be happy to help you put one together.

If you have your heart set on a Colt, then I hope you find one soon. I was looking for one on here for the last year or so before I took matters into my own hands.

image.jpeg

I have one, but you can't afford it. o_O

:D

(In other words, it's not for sale @ ANY price... Good luck with your search, though! ;))

Everything has a price. But I hear you, my WWII Ithaca 1911 COULD be bought.......by Bill Gates or MAYBE Mr. Trump (depending on if you believe his reported net worth).

They're out there. I found mine under an old waterbed frame while moving the bed for some new carpet.
Mint in box Colt SP-1 Sporter and the nice lady gave it to me for free.

A2 is the top one, sorry only had a group pic.

The not wanting to, but will sell price is $1400 (please don't bash me for the price haha).plus it still has the original barrel cover with no holes, gotta be worth a couple more bucks right

1472523395224720482681.jpg

The not wanting to, but will sell price is $1400 (please don't bash me for the price haha).plus it still has the original barrel cover with no holes, gotta be worth a couple more bucks right

View attachment 309651

Not to be a knit picker but your AR at the top is a non adjustable rear sight A1 upper. The Carbine you have at the bottom has an adjustable A2 upper. I have a mid 1978 Colt SP1 that looks exactly like yours but I have the adjustable A2 upper. I have 6 Colt factory 30 round retro mags and 4x 20 round Colt factory mags. In the pic it has a P-mag installed. I have had this rifle for a little over 23 years. When I was in the Navy Reserves I qualified "Expert Marksman" with this rifle. It out shot issued M-16's. 1 in 9 CMP barrel. All I have is a group picture also. It is the one on the bottom step. She has a lot of sentimental value because of the rifle quals. I have never had a single malfunction of any kind with this rifle. I paid $650.00 for this rifle some 20+ years ago. Comes with a Pelican case with cut foam. I really don't want to get rid of her but she can be yours for $2,000.00. :rolleyes: As a side note, the very first original SP1's came with no forward assist and A1 uppers.

arfamily003_zpsd4014003.jpg

Last Edited:
Not to be a knit picker but your AR at the top is a non adjustable rear sight A1 upper. The Carbine you have at the bottom has an adjustable A2 upper. I have a mid 1978 Colt SP1 that looks exactly like yours but I have the adjustable A2 upper. I have 6 Colt factory 30 round retro mags and 4x 20 round Colt factory mags. In the pic it has a P-mag installed. I have had this rifle for a little over 23 years. When I was in the Navy Reserves I qualified "Expert Marksman" with this rifle. It out shot issued M-16's. 1 in 9 CMP barrel. All I have is a group picture also. It is the one on the bottom step. She has a lot of sentimental value because of the rifle quals. I have never had a single malfunction of any kind with this rifle. I paid $650.00 for this rifle some 20+ years ago. Comes with a Pelican case with cut foam. I really don't want to get rid of her but she can be yours for $2,000.00. :rolleyes: As a side note, the very first original SP1's came with no forward assist and A1 uppers.
You are completely correct regarding the upper receiver being an a1 model.

The rifle itself is an "A2 Sporter 2" model which come factory with the A1 receiver, and strangely a2 buttstocks.

Probably the work of whoever was in charge of serial numbers @ Colt haha:)

Last Edited:
You willing to drive up to Salem, if so sent me a message and I'll refer you to someone who has a couple for sale. And like others have said, they ain't cheap :)

They're out there. I found mine under an old waterbed frame while moving the bed for some new carpet.
Mint in box Colt SP-1 Sporter and the nice lady gave it to me for free.
I can kick carpet all week for a NIB SP1
Lucky......Sounds like a nice lady...she is lucky to have you as a friend.

would you be interested in this one? All original no mod's safe queen shot very little.
1990 COLT SPORTER MATCH HBAR- but does not have bayonet lug.
. IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0211.JPG IMG_0212.JPG

Last Edited:

View attachment 309651

That top one looks like a Colt Sporter 2 . It will be marked A2 but actually a transitional rifle with A2 stock and has receiver that was Called a A2 at that time some refer to it as a C7 for Canadian contracted rifles with that style of receiver. A1 sights with A2 shell deflector added for the lefties a Very valuable and sought after rifle during the ban usually fetching $1800. If I am correct it also has the Gov profile barrel not the Hbar . That barrel alone is worth $350 the Lower receiver is worth $800-900 to a ban state and the upper receiver worth another $200 and the BCG worth about $150 and the Stock another $75 hand gaurds another $20 and the charging handle $40 Its a transitional rifle between the Sp1 and the modern A2 rifle made for a short period of time. I personally wouldn't mind getting my hands on that at that price.

Hey ORYGUNHolsterCompany what happened to you I though we were going to make a trade then you went dark on me for the bcg for the lower parts kits? I thought you fell off the planet or something, Could have just told me you changed your mind.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.