JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The new agent is listed has having a Bull Barrel.
Are these two piece barrels....one inside of the other?
I ask this because I found a large crack in my barrel yesterday but the inside is not cracked. :(
Colt has said that if I send in the pistol to them that they'll fix it.
You can see that the crack started and mostly follows the machining line made in the barrel.

100_3852 - Copy.JPG 100_3868.jpg 100_3882.jpg 100_3884.jpg 100_3886.jpg

100_3852 - Copy.JPG

100_3868.jpg

100_3882.jpg

100_3884.jpg

100_3886.jpg

That is truly a scary thing. The boys in Hartford must be boozing on break. Seriously, there are many examples of barrel sleeves. I can't tell you that this one is, although it would be logical and it appears to be so.
How long have you had it and how much use has it had?

They emailed a 2-day Air shipping label (on their dime). I sent the pistol into the factory and now I'm waiting for their snail-mail response that will explain what if anything they are going to do.

I don't think you are looking at cracks. Looks like it wasn't cleaned up properly after the lugs were cut. Other than ugly it's probably fine. Send it back anyway.

For example, I was looking at a beautiful 70 series Colt 5" the other day. The barrel end play was a little sloppy so I stripped it and both lugs were severely rounded.

iamme & joken,

I've seen slag and hot cuttings get left behind but not in a mostly straight line like this or with perfect lathe cutting marks.
100_3872 - Copy.jpg 100_3882 - Copy.JPG

But...Colt says that you're correct.
I got their letter of response today and here is what they have to say:
-Barrel not cracked burr left from machining, we will remove.
-Remove burr from barrel
-Adjust to factory spec
-Test for function
Ext. Price $0.00
Estimated return date 7/3/2013

The thing that is throwing me for a loop is the 2mth wait time.
I'd rather just put a new barrel on it in 5min but they won't sell me one. :s0161::s0058:

100_3872 - Copy.jpg

100_3882 - Copy.JPG

I got my pistol back. Whew. It took six weeks.
They said it was not cracked but looking at the pictures again I want to call B.S. on that.
They polished it down but the shallow crack line is still there on the outside sleeve of the bull barrel
and they mostly polished down the milled shelf on the barrel.
They returned it I guess because it passed all of their tests.

That's just too weird looking. You'd think with a name like "Colt" they'd just throw a new barrel in it and say "Thanks for your continued support" Probably spent more time/money buffing and grinding than a new barrel would cost them. On an $800.00 -$1000.00 gun!!!
Curious.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top