JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a nice Series 70 that never gets use. It's all stock except for some millet sights I had installed 33 years ago. I either need to sell it or make a few minor changes and start using it. For starts I'd like some lower profile sights, something like the Wilson Combat sights. Build it or sell as is, what would you do? 40BB3600-805D-4D97-BA91-6A7AFB474C26.jpeg 8F117C4E-5714-41CA-9C78-694670F4ACAD.jpeg

Little upgrades - not a full on race gun.

Ambi safey, different grips, and different sites *maybe* a different hammer and a beavertail style grip safety. Maybe not. Flat main spring housing. Otherwise, I'd not monkey with internals much or go too crazy. Looks like a nice shooter.

That's kinda a personal questiono_O.

what would I do with it or what do I think you should do???:rolleyes:

If it were me I'd keep it as a range gun.

I think you should dump $1-2k into it and then sell it too me for 1/4 of what you have into it:D. (Seriously though, custom guns and cars are never worth what you have paid to make them that way so just keep that in mind).

Im a 1911 fan so I would keep it and build it up the way you like it. But this might depend on what you would use it for?

edit: I missed the race gun headline but that would be a fun project but if I ever get the bug to mod a 1911 im goin for the 460 rowland conversion.

460-rowland-coversion-barrel.jpg

Last Edited:
I sent my series 80 to Wilson Combat.

Those look like Millet Dual-Crimp sights, if so I vote sell it. Those are out of production and replacing them with a dovetailed front sight will add +/- $200 to the job

Trijicon makes an excellent stake on night sight for older 1911s, the rear will fit his existing dovetail.

Trijicon makes an excellent stake on night sight for older 1911s, the rear will fit his existing dovetail.

And the cool thing is, having had a Millet Dual-Crimp front sight on there you have not 1 but 2 ! holes to chose from

Millet Dual-Crimp.jpg
:s0093:

Yup classic 80's ish 1911 setup. Being there's a couple of holes in the slide for the front sight, it might be wise to let it go and start with a more modern 1911 that already has Novak style sights dovetailed into the slide...

I'm a purest, so I'd be looking to keep that pristine and would add another to the collection. But then again, I've got an addiction...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top