JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Currently on the south coast but returning to Oregon State in Corvallis to finish Mechanical Engineering degree this year, as long as our overlords don't shut it down again. Mainly joined for the Classifieds and info on upcoming 2A events. Thought about doing an AK build but parts kits are expensive and steel 7.62 is now going to be equal to 5.56 in price. Interested in builds and firearm design, any ideas for a college student on a budget?

Welcome to The Board! Good luck on your studies (from a civil engineer of 30+ years)!

brn2202nov.png

Cheap and fun. Easy to revisit with new ideas too.

Welcome aboard.
No better experience than hands-on.
Get a 3D printer. Start designing and making prototypes. Learn how to do the real thing first on manual shop machines, then CNC.
Wrench on cars.
Doesn't have ORST have a machine shop you can use/learn? U Michigan Ann Arbor used to.
The ORST engineers I've worked with are prepared. Can't tell you how many mech and electrical engineers I've worked with who can't engineer their way out of a paper bag. But what the F do I know, I just studied Rocks for Jocks.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome aboard.
No better experience than hands-on.
Get a 3D printer. Start designing and making prototypes. Learn how to do the real thing first on manual shop machines, then CNC.
Wrench on cars.
Doesn't have ORST have a machine shop you can use/learn? U Michigan Ann Arbor used to.
The ORST engineers I've worked with are prepared. Can't tell you how many mech and electrical engineers I've worked with who can't engineer their way out of a paper bag. But what the F do I know, I just studied Rocks for Jocks.
I am fairly proficient with manual machining (lathe/mill) and the OSU shop is excellent. The problem is manufacturing parts on campus would be highly questionable. I've worked on cars ever since high school which I believe made me mechanically inclined. I've done some 3D printing and obtaining one for myself would be achievable.
Thanks for your advice, I have encountered many fellow students who have absolutely no hands on experience with anything...

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Thank you for what your group does to preserve and protect public shooting areas. If you were gathering somewhere in SW Oregon I could help out with building or clean-up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top