JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$40
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
38 Special
City
Springfield or.
State
Oregon
Zip Code
37rds. Missing 3 peaceis of nickel brass. Made before black Tallon.

1000001262.jpg 1000001261.jpg 1000001264.jpg 1000001263.jpg 1000001265.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I am always interested in different niches in this hobby. What in particular makes this ammo unique?
It's a rare round but outdated, it's a wad cutter/hydra shock hollow point. It was a ground breaking round in the 80s. Current jacked/semi jacketed hollow points including current hydra-shok and better quality have a jacket, better expansion and penetration. I have been nerding out on loading and different calibers and loading technology.

"

The .38 Special Hydra-Shok Scorpion

In order to provide a .38 Special load that performed better than the 158-grain round-nosed lead police service load, the Hydra-Shok Corporation of Watkins Glen, New York, introduced the Hydra-Shok Scorpion .38 Special round, billing it as the "ultimate defense load."

The Hydra-Shok Scorpion's claim to fame was a flat-nosed lead target wadcutter bullet with a deep cavity, loaded flush with the case mouth. A signature center post (the "Stinger") was added to the middle of the 146-grain bullet. The purpose of the post was to help ensure maximum expansion through the principle of "the incompressibility of fluids" acting on the center post rather than high velocity. This was advertised as being only 750 feet per second, which was right in line with standard-pressure .38 Special loads of the era.

The Scorpion's effectiveness was merely speculation. There were no consistent ballistic testing mediums available back then. Bullets were often tested by shooting them into gallon water jugs and watching the resultant splash. I don't recall seeing even this rudimentary method used to test the Hydra-Shok Scorpion in any gun magazine of the period."
Quoted from USCCA website

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.