JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
***SOLD***

Hello all,

I would like to sell my excellent condition recon scout. This is the sk5 version. Used once and sat in a box. Never re sharpened (never needed to), no rust (a little tree sap on the blade) and never batoned with or abused in any way. I would like to get $75 for it. Maybe be able to meet in Canby/Oregon city area or I can ship for an additional $5 (we split the cost). May be open to trades, let me know what you have. Thanks for looking!

IMG_3598.JPG IMG_3599.JPG IMG_3600.JPG IMG_3601.JPG

Last Edited:
It is a great knife. Very sturdy and great balance. It just doesn't fit well for me. I like to go with a 14" imacasa machete for chopping and a smaller knife for general purpose cutting.

The Imacasa is a good 'chete for light chopping... I like a khukri personally for heavier chopping BUT is a poor substitute for cutting light brush/grasses/branches:p. Ive used a couple TrailMasters over the years and modified one for my own hand. Have looked at the Recon Scouts for years too as a shorter blade is easier to use on some tasks. Very tempting...

I'm a surveyor so i usually use a 24" at work for the blackberries and just about anything really. The 14" bolo I have is a bit thicker. I actually bought it for digging at work when I don't want to carry a shovel in the woods. I've cut trees down with cheap Chinese machetes. Sometimes you just have to make what you have work. But Im young and dumb.

The recon scout is great as a "one knife" solution. It chops well above its size would have you believe. I've just been converted to machetes for everything. They're just so damn cheap and easy to sharpen, I don't have to feel bad abusing them.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top