JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First thing I thought was why in the hell would you be in that area with no firearms?
Same. Found it completely perplexing someone in that country didn't at least one firearm capable of stopping animals found up there. Does not compute.

Parenthetically, it doesn't look like the outhouse survived the ordeal.

Alaska.jpg

( OK, I'll admit it ... maybe my BS meter is cranked up to "overly-suspicious" these days)

I get the feeling that this guy wasted his apparently very limited ammo on "warning shots", or shooting at hallucinations or nothing at all, to maybe come-up with some half-baked idea of fame and fortune. There's an odd odor to this tale...and it isn't from bear scat.

But, If its remotely true... maybe he used all his ammo in a futile attempt to learn how to shoot and was still not even able to hit a Grizzly that kept coming back for more.... or he was "armed" with 22short.

( OK, I'll admit it ... maybe my BS meter is cranked up to "overly-suspicious" these days)

I get the feeling that this guy wasted his apparently very limited ammo on "warning shots", or shooting at hallucinations or nothing at all, to maybe come-up with some half-baked idea of fame and fortune. There's an odd odor to this tale...and it isn't from bear scat.

But, If its remotely true... maybe he used all his ammo in a futile attempt to learn how to shoot and was still not even able to hit a Grizzly that kept coming back for more.... or he was "armed" with 22short.
I did not try to get the entire story since it was behind a pay wall but, have to agree something is "off" here. If he had a hand gun that was "worth having" in that country and he could not use it, or chose to not be able to hit what he shot at? On top of had such limited ammo that he was already down to 2 rounds and bear is still trying to get him? :confused:
Even if he was not a "shooter" and did not really want to spend a lot of time learning? A simple 12 Ga with good ammo would have been able to dissuade even the larger Browns assuming he had shelter the animal was trying to break into. Since he lived maybe he will be a little better prepared next time? He got what a lot of people do not get, a second chance to be smart.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top