JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Working my way through my SBR application and Im on the CLEO page. I live in Everett Washington, can I just put the Everett PD Chief of Police or do I need to get a name/title of a specific person I can talk to in-person?

Thanks for the help! First time doing any of this kind of paperwork.

As stated on the form, "who has jurisdiction over the area of the applicant's address shown in item 3b of the Form" and normally the highest law enforcement [peace] officer should be IMHO considered the Snohomish county Sheriff!

So in kenmore or everett?

Last Edited:
If you address it to the chief it will get handled correctly. They are only advised they do not need to approve so no worries on your end if it doesnt get to the right person, you tried.
As for justcus' comment, that may be correct I dont know the area well, I live in the county so mine goes to the Sheriff but if he lives in city limits of Everett I believe Chief would be correct.

Does CLEO stand for Chief Law Enforcement Officer?
If that's the case I'd put the county sheriff (unless he/she is a complete tool... like mine). In most states with "full service" sheriff's departments, the 10A makes them much more than a pencil-pushing figurehead... they can literally strip FLEO's authority (with cause) and refuse to do their bidding.

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn, I am, after all, speaking from a position of ignorance as I have never filled-out the application mentioned.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why I felt the need to chime in...

Does CLEO stand for Chief Law Enforcement Officer?
If that's the case I'd put the county sheriff (unless he/she is a complete tool... like mine). In most states with "full service" sheriff's departments, the 10A makes them much more than a pencil-pushing figurehead... they can literally strip FLEO's authority (with cause) and refuse to do their bidding.

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn, I am, after all, speaking from a position of ignorance as I have never filled-out the application mentioned.

Honestly, I'm not even sure why I felt the need to chime in...

Yea that's what it stands for. If I were to call the police to my house City of Everett would respond and that is who is doing my prints so ill just use the Chief of Police at that department for now. I originally question that because incase i needed to talk to him I doubt I'd be able to.

I must be jaded living near the city of Portland. I will always use my county Sheriff over a police chief. I think that Sheriffs are much more gun friendly anyway. Does the Police Chief report to a politician? 'Nuf said.

EITHER WILL PASS...BECAUSE ITS NOTIFICATION ONLY. STRAIGHT TO THE SHREDDER. WE DO ALL CLEO FORM TO THE SHERIFFS OFFICE, FOR 4 YEARS...NOT A SINGLE ONE RETURNED, QUESTIONED, SENT BACK, ETC.

Yea that's what it stands for. If I were to call the police to my house City of Everett would respond and that is who is doing my prints so ill just use the Chief of Police at that department for now. I originally question that because incase i needed to talk to him I doubt I'd be able to.

So dirtyd, et al., if, you didn't like the city Police officer's attitude while at your city residence, whom would you call for assistance, why you would call the office of highest ELECTED peace officer in the county, whose position is State constitutionally identified and who takes a state mandated oath of office [RCW 36.16.040] yepper you guessed it the Sheriff's office!

RCW 36.16.030 Requires that every County elect a Sheriff. The Office of Sheriff in the state of Washington was established in our State Constitution, Article XI Section 5.

Only two States in this great Nation do not have State constitutional mandates establishing this peace keeper.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top