JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was against it for the same reason.
Firearms should looks like a firearm, not a toy.
And toys should look like toys not guns.

We've seen enough kids get shot by police for trying to be tough and waving a toy gun around.

I was against it for the same reason.
Firearms should looks like a firearm, not a toy.
And toys should look like toys not guns.

We've seen enough kids get shot by police for trying to be tough and waving a toy gun around.
while my guns are guns they are also my toys...just not treated as such.

Anything thats only reason for being is to be a gimmick, which this qualifies, is not something that any sensible person needs.

That being said I have yet to meet a completely sensible person.

Interesting from maybe an instructional point of view, that's about the limit of the application I would see. I don't think I would wat one on my guns.

Why are gun people so against anything new or different? Sure it's not good for a duty gun, or a competition gun, or a frequently shot gun, but YOU CAN SEE THE INTERNALS WORK AS YOU SHOOT!

Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me with a straight face that you don't see anything cool about that? Point a high speed camera at it and watch it in slow motion! Freaking awesome! Next up will be a transparent upper to go along with it so you can see the BCG working as well! Sweet!

So you won't get much use out of it, so what? It's only $59. Have some freaking fun with it.

On a related note, why do guys in gun videos always look like their dog just died? Would it kill them to smile a little? Shooting guns is fun, most of us wouldn't do it if we didn't have fun doing it. This guy is shooting a transparent gun, there's little reason for it to exist aside from fun and cool, so lighten up in your video a little man!

It is a cool idea for seeing how a AR15 works.
I can see this as a training tool for Gun Smiths , Hunter Safety Course Teachers etc ...
Just like exploded view drawings it is neat to see how things go together and how they work.

That being said , I too wonder about just how long it would remain "clear" and how durable it is.
I also have seen some "clear" toy and air soft guns , would hate to see this mistaken for one of those.

I am not trying to rude in the following response.
Speaking only for myself I am not "against anything new or different".
I'm just voicing some likes and dislikes.
And as for "you can see the internals work as you shoot" , the only thing I want to see as I shoot is my sight picture.
It could be that my shooting buddy can see the internals work as I shoot ...

Andy

Last Edited:
OK, so just how in the heck do you watch the internal parts working while firing that thing?. Your attention should be focused on the sights and what you're shooting at!. I can see the headlines now "Idiot shoots bystander's while trying to watch his new clear, assault weapons inner workings". This looks like something the anti's would love to use to further their agenda to prove that gun owners are stupid and a danger to society.

Why are gun people so against anything new or different? Sure it's not good for a duty gun, or a competition gun, or a frequently shot gun, but YOU CAN SEE THE INTERNALS WORK AS YOU SHOOT!

Are you seriously going to sit there and tell me with a straight face that you don't see anything cool about that? Point a high speed camera at it and watch it in slow motion! Freaking awesome! Next up will be a transparent upper to go along with it so you can see the BCG working as well! Sweet!

So you won't get much use out of it, so what? It's only $59. Have some freaking fun with it.

Since when are gun people against things that are new and different? Have you seen how big SHOT show is every year??? No, gun people are all over new, different and innovative things, but they are also discerning and practical. This is a gimmick item, nothing more. If someone wants one, fine, but I don't see a need for it in my personal collection. Plus I don't have a high-speed camera, so that option is out the window.

Hey - maybe it should come with a high-speed camera so you can post YT videos of the hammer falling and resetting with every shot....now there's an idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top