JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this would have been disclosed earlier, it could have been easily addressed such as meeting up at a police station parking lot to perform the transaction. I know years ago that Sherwood police allowed FTF sales to occur in their parking lot as a way of providing a safe location that should discourage any nefarious activity. Not sure if they still encourage that or not. Hopefully you can encourage the other party to provide their point of view as I would be interested in hearing their perspective.

...and my 2nd or 3rd gun resides with the person that remains in MY vehicle.

....."meet me at the big oak at 4:00, don't be late, don't call the cops and come alone, or the deal is off. Got it?"

Did he want to pat you down? I would've declined too, you don't want no monkeypox.
I dunno what his intention was, but think he just wanted me to lift my shirt or whatever... I guess(?) I didn't stay long enough to find out.

Pretty much just assked if I was (name) to confirm who I was then put up his hand as I started to approach and pretty much said, "before we continue would you mind showing me you arently carrying?" I said, "I would, actually" and started a slow walk backwards until I was behind cover of my truck hood. He said, "Your choice. I'm not comfortable with that. Sorry" and started to turn to return to his vehicle, but I entered mine and left before he did.

I wasn't going to stand around and try to discuss it. It threw me off and gave me the jeebies even being asked so.... I was outta there.

Right or wrong, I'm a firm believer.... if someone wants you unarmed, it's because they intend to "infringe" on you. No harm done being right and could sure sting if you're wrong... so.

I'm waiting to see if he responds to a message I sent before doing much about it. I haven't heard anyting back yet.

There has to be more to this. Like, was it just a joke that OP took seriously?
Well. I wondered if he was joking too, but when he said he wasn't comfotable with me not willing to show I wasn't carrying and turned away... I figured he was likely serious.

I don't know his side though. For all I know, he just got jacked, we already had a meet set so he went through with it, but was still havin the shakes and acting out of character(?) Or... just acting the doofus... I have no idea what his deal was. I've never been accused of being the scary type though. No visible tattoos or peircings. Plain ol jeans, button down shirt and a ball cap.

Just your average old fart. 🤣

Well. I wondered if he was joking too, but when he said he wasn't comfotable with me not willing to show I wasn't carrying and turned away... I figured he was likely serious.

I don't know his side though. For all I know, he just got jacked, we already had a meet set so he went through with it, but was still havin the shakes and acting out of character(?) Or... just acting the doofus... I have no idea what his deal was. I've never been accused of being the scary type though. No visible tattoos or peircings. Plain ol jeans, button down shirt and a ball cap.

Just your average old fart. 🤣
For some odd reason I was expecting a cowboy hat and an eyepatch. :D

I don't know how feedback works on this site because I've never sold/bought anything here. But I would DEFINITELY post feedback about this.

This really sounds like a precursor to a robbery. As you said, YOU had the cash. And waiting until you show up in the parking lot, before telling you that being unarmed is a requirement, is absolutely insane. And especially as this is a GUN forum. OF COURSE YOU'RE GOING TO BE ARMED!

And yea, maybe the dude just didn't think things through. But at a minimum the dude monumentally wasted your time. And at worst, you dodged getting robbed. That deserves feedback in my book.

Pretty much just assked if I was (name) to confirm who I was then put up his hand as I started to approach and pretty much said, "before we continue would you mind showing me you arently carrying?" I said, "I would, actually" and started a slow walk backwards until I was behind cover of my truck hood. He said, "Your choice. I'm not comfortable with that. Sorry" and started to turn to return to his vehicle, but I entered mine and left before he did.
You should have said, "Hell, yes I'm armed, aren't you? What are you stupid or something?"

"before we continue would you mind showing me you arently carrying?"
Oh I get it now. The backing away? Hand up. He thought you might be carrying, The RONA! Boy, don't you look silly now.
Shoulda' worn a mask.

Last Edited:
You should at very least leave a neutral feedback stating this. That is weird and sounds off. Even more so that this person has lots of feedback. You'd think the person would at least tell you if he was recently robbed or something like that. Whole story sounds off, you did the right thing to leave.

You should at very least leave a neutral feedback stating this. That is weird and sounds off. Even more so that this person has lots of feedback. You'd think the person would at least tell you if he was recently robbed or something like that. Whole story sounds off, you did the right thing to leave.
That's what I was thinking too like if a person is off their meds or something they can act weird all of a sudden. No clue if that's the issue here but agree it would be helpful to others to know who this is so they don't get burned on a wasted trip.

That's what I was thinking too like if a person is off their meds or something they can act weird all of a sudden.
Being that there are only 2-3 in here that have 200+ feedbacks. Combined with previous threads on one or two of them in similar nature to this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if the above were true.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top