JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this today from the Clark County Sherriff's Office

This is an update on our new concealed pistol license (CPL).

Several weeks ago we announced that we were introducing new plastic CPL's which are similar to your driver's license. One of our goals with the new CPL was to include a photograph on the front of the license, however that was not possible under current state law.

State senator Lynda Wilson, upon hearing about this issue, was able to amend a pending bill (HB 2519) with language that allows a law enforcement agency... to place the photograph on the CPL. The bill passed in the final days of the session and the governor signed it into law.

Now that the law has been amended, the Clark County Sheriff's Office will begin placing applicant photographs on CPL's. If you recently obtained a plastic CPL with the sheriff's badge logo we will replace it with a CPL containing your photograph free of charge. You must come in to get your free replacement card no later than April 30th, 2018.

If you have a paper CPL, and wish to replace it, you must complete a replacement application and pay a $10 fee for the replacement card.

Any other counties doing this? My bet is King/Pierce/Thurston/Snohomish will cheapass out as long as they can, then offer the plastic card as a "Tier 2 Upgrade Charge" beyond crappy lamination or crappier unprotected paper...

The WA CPL is actually a "State" issued License and should be available in paper or plastic anywhere (ANY SO) in the State just like the new enhanced DL. If something is legal in one County it is supposed to be legal in every County. Kinky Kounty and Seattle want to make their own Laws and Rules but they ain't supposed to be able to get away with doing that. Of course, we have an AG(aka: Anti-Gun) Lawyer in office today that doesn't think he is supposed to Enforce the RCWs the same way everywhere so only the Laws he wants to Enforce will be Enforced.

I am not going to have my CPL replaced unless I lose it or I am required to do this by law. I already renewed this past July 2017 and have laminated so I am good until I renew again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top