JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't been there but I do know they have ladies night!

And they charge way to much, but they do rent guns.

3 out of 5

Why does someone who hasn't been there rate the place? And charge way too much? At $15, their lane fee is less than any other place in the Portland area by $10-$15 or more. Price for .40 ammo was the same as BiMart, which is generally one of the cheaper places in town.

I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about.

This place is one of the closest ranges to me. Friendly people were working there. Non-member lane fees are cheap at $15 ($5 on Thursday with a box of cereal) and reasonably priced ammunition. I got a lane without waiting after a quick video and very simple test.

They rent guns too. Not sure what they run but I'll find out at some point.

Unfortunately, they don't allow most rifles.

5 out of 5

I give this range 2 big thumbs up!! It can seem intimidating at first with all the law enforcement folks around but the guys running the range are super nice and friendly. I think the ammo and range fees are very reasonable and the facility is top notch.

I live in a remote area, and get to Portland a couple of times a year in the summer. I am considering going to the Clackamas County range on my next trip up there as they have a gun for rent that I would love to shoot before buying. I confirmed that via email. I’ve never been to a formal range like this, so I have some questions.

1. You are required to bring a firearm with you if you want to rent. I understand this. So, since the gun I will take with me is 9mm, and the one I want to rent is .40, it would be nice to shoot them both side by side. Will they allow that?

2. You are required to shoot with their ammo. Are you allowed to take what you don’t shoot with you when you leave?

3. When I arrive, how should I enter with my firearm, a Glock. I normally toss it and ammo in a small duffle bag when I head for the woods. Would walking in with a duffle bag be ok?

1. You are required to bring a firearm with you if you want to rent. I understand this. So, since the gun I will take with me is 9mm, and the one I want to rent is .40, it would be nice to shoot them both side by side. Will they allow that?

Yes - you may have your gun and the range gun @ your lane at the same time

2. You are required to shoot with their ammo. Are you allowed to take what you don’t shoot with you when you leave?

Yes - I've brought home ammo from there before... Not sure about bringing THEIR ammo back in though... never tried that.

3. When I arrive, how should I enter with my firearm, a Glock. I normally toss it and ammo in a small duffle bag when I head for the woods. Would walking in with a duffle bag be ok?

Holstered or in some case is fine. They just don't want you walking in with a loose gun in hand!
The first time you go there you will have to watch a video and fill out a quick test of safety procedures. Like "if you leave your gun case on the bench, bring your gun case to your gun, not the gun to the case" -- very easy rules.

See above in the red ^

See above in the red ^

Thank you. That answers all the questions I had. It’s such a long drive up there that there are a few things I felt I needed to know first, since I’ve never been to a formal range like that before. I’ll just toss my Glock in it’s holster in the duffle bag along with my hearing protection, and a light long sleeve shirt in case they don’t think a t-shirt is enough, and long sleeves are required.

Thank you. That answers all the questions I had. It’s such a long drive up there that there are a few things I felt I needed to know first, since I’ve never been to a formal range like that before. I’ll just toss my Glock in it’s holster in the duffle bag along with my hearing protection, and a light long sleeve shirt in case they don’t think a t-shirt is enough, and long sleeves are required.

Short sleeves are fine. Never had an issue with that. No open-toe shoes, etc though!

Short sleeves are fine. Never had an issue with that. No open-toe shoes, etc though!

That’s good to know. I live on the coast, and it takes some time getting used to the heat up there in the summer, so t-shirt it will probably be. I’m either shoes or barefoot. No in between, and I’d never consider going there barefoot. Thanks for the info. :)

That’s good to know. I live on the coast, and it takes some time getting used to the heat up there in the summer, so t-shirt it will probably be. I’m either shoes or barefoot. No in between, and I’d never consider going there barefoot. Thanks for the info. :)

Probably wouldnt hurt to give them a call just to verify as well. You also never know whats going on there. There might even be a class happening on the day you are that that you might like to take or that could be taking up shooting lanes.
I have only shot there a couple of times but it is a quality facility. If you can handle slightly over priced ammo it is a good place to shoot.

Probably wouldnt hurt to give them a call just to verify as well. You also never know whats going on there. There might even be a class happening on the day you are that that you might like to take or that could be taking up shooting lanes.
I have only shot there a couple of times but it is a quality facility. If you can handle slightly over priced ammo it is a good place to shoot.

They don’t have an 800 number, and I’m cheap. They are good about answering email, so I’ll probably email them when the day I’ll be up there is confirmed.

Took the wife here for our first outing. Everyone was friendly. Prices weren't too bad. Range was clean and it was a great experience. It is a trek from where we live to get here, but well worth the trip and it was a great place to be on a rainy day.

I visited there for the first time today &it was a very good experience: the place was in great shape, clean, and very well maintained. The folks working there were courteous, professional, knowledgeable and helpfull. Several lanes were open so no waiting. As most have stated, the requirement to buy their ammo is a bit of an inconvenience although the prices were reasonable. I was happy to see they had 10mm on hand since breaking in my new G29 was the main point of the trip. I brought along the P3AT just in case, as I figured it was a safe bet they would have .380, which they did. I'll still need to find a place with a less restrictive ammo policy, but I'll definitely be going back here from time to time as well. I recommend 'em:s0155:

I think PSTC's classes are excellent, they are very friendly and knowledgeable, and they are inexpensive compared to Portland's other indoor range. The laser video trainer is something you should do at least once to see how good you really are.

However, I've been spoiled by TCGC's action range and haven't been back to PSTC since joining TCGC. I think not being able to draw and shoot from a concealed holster at targets within a 180 instead of directly in front of you is like throwing away most of your training opportunity. I also prefer to shoot my own ammo and targets at TCGC, and it's almost impossible to use a shot timer within an indoor range.

After quite a bit of research I found they seemed to be the cheapest range around so I went in last Wednesday. Ive been shooting and hunting all my life but had never been to an indoor range or range for that matter so I was a little out of my element. Everybody there was friendly, profesional, and knowledgable! I ran through a quick video, test, and orientation and was shooting away. I was one of only three people there for all of two hours. Ammo and targets were reasonable and they even provided me "eyes and ears". I will be taking my girlfriend in the near future and cant wait to take some classes and possibly get a membership! I highly recomend this place!!!!

I agree with what most people have said. It's a very nice facility with excellent staff and customer service. I have taken PST101 and PST101A from Gabe White. Excellent classes for getting started. I am registered for PST102 in March. I joined last weekend, so now there is no lane fee when I go shoot. I figured that going at least once a week the membership will pay for itself fairly quickly. I've been 3 times in four days. :) 2 thumbs up.

Great place to shoot indoors. Super nice staff and very knowledgeable. They will spend hours troubleshooting any issues you have with your guns and they have quite a few Glock experts there. Great place for beginners and for those interested in taking firearms classes. They also have a decent selection of handguns for rent (semi-autos and revolvers).

Only handgun caliber guns are allowed. You have to buy your ammo there and the prices can be a little high.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top