JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
9583066B-C9AD-41F5-8F99-AE3604F0889F.jpeg 14A5F64A-D353-4B29-8864-2B9B8EA4F2C3.jpeg I have this .58 caliber Springfield, and want some help. There is a K 10 behind the hammer and it is stamped 1864. Anyone know of a regiment that this may have come from?

Had it a long time and figured this may be the place to get an answer. Thanks in advance.

Good Looking Rifled Musket...nice to see what appears to be a original sling as well...very cool.

Your question , while a good one , may be difficult to answer , if there are no other unit markings...Lots of "K" Companies and 10th Regiments...during the war and after , at both the State and Federal level.
The 1864 series of Rifled Muskets were used well after the war as well...so it could easily be a Post War number....

Something else to keep in mind here..just because its a Rifled Musket , does not mean that it was actually issued to a Infantry Unit...plenty of Cavalry units , again at both a State and Federal level were issued "Infantry Arms"...

Or it could be a "rack number" of some sort , not a Unit ID...
It may even be a foreign marking...as many of these arms were sold overseas after the war...
( That said , it appears to my eye as a US stamping of some sort )

I'll look through my books today and see if I can add to the confusion...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top