JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$$$ talks.
And bull$hite walks. The US citizenry has been "exporting " it's wealth in exchange for cheap goods for decades.

That fleet is made from your Walmart receipts Friend-o.

Mean streak is showing a bit, among other things due to a Dollar General being built in my tiny town.

My coworker has 2 sons in the US Navy. Probably the most exposed to Chinese aggression. I remind him that his seemingly uncontrollable habit of buying cheap Chinese things is like basically buying bullets with his son's name on them.
That doesn't phase him, he loves his cheap Chinese things more than his sons!

My coworker has 2 sons in the US Navy. Probably the most exposed to Chinese aggression. I remind him that his seemingly uncontrollable habit of buying cheap Chinese things is like basically buying bullets with his son's name on them.
And you diddle fingered that reply on what?

I have worked with some highly intelligent people capable of working out highly technical, complex solutions who suddenly can't navigate simple logic when applied to ideology. Such is the human condition.

GreedisGood-01.png

Greed and ambition are often confused for one another. Just to make things more complicated, it isn't necessarily always just one or the other. Greed is not good. Success is not bad.
I personally see cheapness as the weakest form of greed. Practiced by weak people.

I want stuff, but I want to still have my money too . Childish sentiment.

Ambition is grown folks territory.
Ambition often requires risk.
Risk is worthy of admiration, regardless of success.

Can anyone tell me why I'm supposed to care about the south China sea so much? Why is our navy there? How is China patrolling a sea adjacent to, and literally named after their country "aggression"?

Long story: Decades ago a college professor of one of my classes made the prediction, China would be the next world's superpower. China has what no other country has............the population. At that date China only lacked one thing, a stable government. With that prediction the professor said when China acquired that stability, industry and manufacturing would move from the US and the free world to China. Recently Xi Jinping claimed China is at that point now. We can't stop their population, about 1.4 billion people. They have more workers, technicians, engineers, and can produce more Einstein's.

Fast forward a decade when I started my career. The company that hired me was almost, if not, 100% US citizens here in the US of A. Not any longer, 73% of the company's employees are citizens of 50 of the 51 countries where it has production sites. That move to overseas started late 1970's - early 1980's. Late in my career, I was part of two construction & start-up teams here in the states building production sites. The capital to build was said to be in excess of 100 million dollars, chump change. The latest sites built in China are in excess of 2 billion dollars.

No silver bullet here to bring industry and manufacturing back. High labor cost, environmental regulations, unions, pensions, health care, etc. and drugs are just a few issues to blame.

Those homeless people on street corners holding cardboard signs are the result. Neither political party wants to look; sad........really sad.

So to the South China Sea: Take a look at history, pre WW2. Why did Japan enter WW2, attack Pearl Harbor? Roosevelt blocked Japan's oil. (short version)
China isn't going to let anyone block the raw materials needed to produce cheap goods........period!! Not without a fight. And we need China's steel to build our aircraft carriers.

I'm from the "Rust Belt", steel mills are gone.

Foreverlost,

Can anyone tell me why I'm supposed to care about the south China sea so much? Why is our navy there? How is China patrolling a sea adjacent to, and literally named after their country "aggression"?
Shipping lanes that impact global economics. They're also illegally expanding their turf by building islands and declaring sovereignty over the surrounding ocean.
It would be like if the US built islands to Hawaii (or Europe, for that matter) and declared a 3 mile radius around each one as our territory... then charged a toll for any ship to pass through our new turf.
Then there's air space, and a whole bunch of other stuff those crafty little commies thought up... missiles, crap like that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top