JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want a major step up in performance over typical FMJ performance for a tiny increase in price, try some of these. I don't waste time or powder and primers with typical 55 gr FMJ bullets when you can get so much better accuracy for this low of a price.
NOSLER 22c (.224) 55gr SPFB BULK BULLET 250/bag - Graf & Sons

I would still put these Noslers ahead of the others mentioned if one takes into account accuracy and economy. If you order 1,000 of them (4 bags of 250), Graf still charges just $9.95 shipping, which works out to just over 8 cents per bullet delivered. And in my experience, the Nosler 55 gr SPFB is more accurate than the Hornady 55 gr SPFB, and proabably even better than the newer semi boat tail 55 gr Hornady SP.
With the flat $9.95 shipping, you also have the option of only ordering 250 to try them out for less than $28 to see if your guns like them. Natchez wants $18.99 for 100 delivered at their cheapest shipping cost.
The cheapest 55 gr FMJ I could find on Ammoseek.com was the Wolf for $59.99 + $17.09 for UPS ground shipping, for a total of $$77.08 for 1,000 bullets. Ordering the Noslers for the additional $4 would be money well spent. UNLESS you absolutely want a cannelure and/or boattail bullet and don't mind shooting a bullet that will group 5 shots anywhere from double to quadruple in size from 100 yards. JMO.

Last Edited:
I've found the 4000 count 55gr Hornady soft point to be very well priced. They seem to also sell the FMJ bulk pack for similar price. When I was looking up bullet options for bulk purchase, I couldn't find anything else to beat it. Midway when they have their free shipping and combined discount deal is a great price. Powdervalley also has good prices.

If you want a major step up in performance over typical FMJ performance for a tiny increase in price, try some of these. I don't waste time or powder and primers with typical 55 gr FMJ bullets when you can get so much better accuracy for this low of a price.

Editied 6-20
I would still put these Noslers ahead of the others mentioned if one takes into account accuracy and economy. If you order 1,000 of them (4 bags of 250), Graf still charges just $9.95 shipping, which works out to just over 8 cents per bullet delivered. And in my experience, the Nosler 55 gr SPFB is more accurate than the Hornady 55 gr SPFB, and proabably even better than the newer semi boat tail 55 gr Hornady SP.
With the flat $9.95 shipping, you also have the option of only ordering 250 to try them out for less than $28 to see if your guns like them. Natchez wants $18.99 for 100 delivered at their cheapest shipping cost.
The cheapest 55 gr FMJ I could find on Ammoseek.com was the Wolf for $59.99 + $17.09 for UPS ground shipping, for a total of $77.08 for 1,000 bullets. Ordering the Noslers for the additional $4 would be money well spent. UNLESS you absolutely want a cannelure and/or boattail bullet and don't mind shooting a bullet that will group 5 shots anywhere from double to quadruple in size from 100 yards. JMO.

The cheapest 55 gr FMJ I could find on Ammoseek.com was the Wolf for $59.99 + $17.09 for UPS ground shipping, for a total of $$77.08 for 1,000 bullets. Ordering the Noslers for the additional $4 would be money well spent. UNLESS you absolutely want a cannelure and/or boattail bullet and don't mind shooting a bullet that will group 5 shots anywhere from double to quadruple in size from 100 yards. JMO.
Have to agree on the Nosler SP and HPs.

I've gotten 3/8" 5-shot groups with those! Dogtown bullets is what mine say and I usually get them through midway.

Try shootersproshop dot com.

They sell Nosler seconds for close to half off. I buy the 50 grain BT for next to nothing.

Cosmetic blems, they say. I can't tell the difference, neither can the sage rats we kill at 600 yards plus.

P

These look solid and I'll be grabbing a 1000 next time I order components. The HDY 55g have worked well in the past and cost is usually 7.5 cents each.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top