JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well not really I have had a Pitbull for five plus years (Number 88 off the line I think) in 40 S&W and like it very well. Still I really wanted one in 45, which they now make. So I bought the one in 9MM.
Now I will have to get the 45 to complete the set!

I would have preferred the 9 to be a six shooter (It is five) as I think they could have squeezed six in there. Lots of space between holes right now. I have not shot it yet, but I would guess it will be a relatively soft shooter.

I'll spice the thread up a little:D

3483560_04_charter_arms_pitbull_9mm_6rd_n_640_zps9keuj9n3.jpg

Hey that looks just like mine! I did run a boresnake (or the Otis version) thru the cylinder and barrel a few times and then a little lube. Then loaded it.

I have a Bulldog Pug in Blue .44spl had it for decades great little mess the bad guy up big time gun. 240 gr hollow points Bedroom surprise gun OH MY

I also have an Undercover in .38spl +P I run a pretty fast moving 125gr HP in it its my EDC when I need more then my little Bauer .25acp Auto (stainless version of the Baby Browning) Fun little gun it needs to be shot more to loosen up a little still have to bang the ejector to clear the empties. I got 5 speed loaders for it makes for lots of fun.

Yes I am sold on Charter's reliability. This 9MM is not as small as a Charter 38, more of a Medium frame. Certainly won't fit a J frame holster. It says in the manual supplement that it does not support speed loaders (Pitbull's) and I would guess that is because of their little rim catchers in each cylinder hole. also it is a very wide stretch for a 38 J frame speed loader. I have some Tuff Strips that I will try when I get to shoot it.

Last Edited:
9mm is $200/1000. And believe it of not, with same barrel lengths, the 9mm revolver has more velocity than a semi.. at least when it comes to defensive sized handguns.

That and I'm considering adding a 45 Pitbull to my inventory to shoot up some of the LaserSpec ammo I have, that I will never again put in a simi-auto. Tried it in four, just won't work. I would love to have a Redhawk in 45 Colt with moon clips for the 45 ACP but you can't find one around here and the Pitbull is half price.

I should say to anyone interested in a Pitbull that speed loaders will not easily work with the rim retainers in each cylinder hole. The retainers will prevent the round from smoothly dropping right in. I have used Tuff strips to load two rounds at a time fairly quickly. The round has to be pushed in to get the spring loaded retainer to push in. The retainer then pops back in the notch below the rim to retain the cartridge in place. I would not want to be holding off a swarming horde and needing real fast reloads.

Unloading too sometimes requires a shake or two to get the empty to turn loose of the cylinder star.

In the roles I use these guns for I am okay with these minor (to me) drawbacks.

I was looking at these well still looking really for a 9mm While reading about them a few guys said for the fastest reloads they would feed rounds to it from a semi auto magazine. Makes it a great back up gun.

Why don't they just put the shoulder in the cylinder so you don't have to use retainers and such? I could have sworn that I just recently read/saw a review on such an animal.
Quite a few of them do/are like that. I don't think you can use moon clips on those though.
Does anyone know of "normal" style speedloaders that work with rimless cartridges?. not those odd rubber ones that are different than Bianchi speed strips.

I did not know there were so many different kinds of speed loaders, I have the round style HKS on the 5 shot 38'/357's and 6 shot HKS for my 44 Magnum. I have Bianchi speed strips and Tuff strips for 38/357 and 9/40 (The 38/357 strips work for 9/ strips for40 too) and I have discovered that other speed loaders work a little different from HKS.
Oh and the retainers on my two Pitbull's are different from each other. The 40 has flat piece that has a machined curve that would correspond to the case's curvature it, maybe a quarter of a inch wide viewed from the open cylinder, the 9 has like a 1/16th of a inch diameter rod that has been pinched off like a very stubby screwdriver, but they work the same.
When I use the speed strips for reloading I can put one or two at a time and remove the strip and then push the one or two rounds the rest of the way down.

These were what I was talking about. I wouldn't use them on a bet even if they did "work".

th?&id=OIP.M71068e3562ba700332eb61c4aab01181o0&w=300&h=225&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

There are some Korth speedloaders that might be for rimless but they're like a lot of money and probably only for Korths.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top