JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Field grade - Pre 1969 Charles Daly 12 gauge 2- 3/4 over - under shotgun made by B C Miroku in Japan makers of the Browning Citori 1 ( they both share the same factory / lineage )

30 inch barrels, both barrels are full choke !

PHOTOS > For what ever reason this site is now givimg me fits trying to upload my photos, so just look down below and see my 'replies' with links to my DropBox photos, 1 link for 1 photo.

These shotguns did not have screw in chokes like modern shotguns and they are NOT made to be installed after market and so they are permanently full choke, and so this shotgun is a "long range" Goose, Duck, Dove or Turkey etc... hunter.

The barrels are NOT made to shoot the new steel or anything harder then lead, and so its either lead for Oregon... or ...bismuth for a Federal game preserve such as Klamath Lake or down in CA in this shotgun.

Cosmetic Condition : I would say it is a C+ / above average cosmetic condition, nothing special but then again its not some scratched up back seat of the pick up truck beater.

Barrels are no longer 'shiny' like glass they way they use to be from the factory they are now C grade looking and have a 'satin' finish, the bluing is all still very uniform, and there are they usual few small scratches on them .

The for-end wood is pretty decent, there is a 1 inch long repaired vertical crack that was wood glued and vised back together that now only looks like a vertical scratch, the repair is very very sold.

The receiver were the engraving is pretty darn good all around even up on the break open lever its real clean with nothing bad of note, the bluing is still nice and shiny and there are no scratches or dents I can see.

The butt stock has about a half dozen small yet very noticeable scratches and dents , the longer You look at the butt stock & turn it in the light the more You see, this type of cosmetic damage is not noticeable in the field , but shows up readily when You sit and inspect it will it all jump out at You and so this will never be a 'collectors' grade shotgun , this is a field hunter all the way.

I put a brand new 'decelerator' super soft butt pad on it , but it really needs to properly sanded / fitted to the stock, the butt pad was made for this Citori model but I am not good with a sander and don't want to put more scratches in the end of the stock that it already has .

Has auto ejectors.

Fires - cocks by inertia / recoil example > if You want to use snap cap's and dry fire practice You have to 'bump' the shotgun butt against the floor to simulate the 1st shot recoil in order to get the 2nd chamber to cock so You can then pull the trigger to snap / fire the 2nd snap cap ( I hope that makes sense )

These Charles Daly Miroku Japan shotguns get very very high remarks on the shotgun - skeet- trap forums for handling - fit & finish and over all quality by the guys who owned or who still own them.

This would make a great 1st timers shotgun ...or... a real good back up 'loaner' for the family member - buddy.

I must have a copy of an FFL to ship it.

If You are in Medford then I will toss in about 100 factory new and new old stock rounds of 2- 3/4 target and game load shells, we will still have to go to my FFL gunsmith for the transfer.

$300 no less, no trades, U S Postal money order ONLY , no checks , no bank money orders because my bank will stall and hold it for 7 days and so its US Post Office money order only if I am shipping it to Your FFL.

If You want it shipped to Your FFL then there will be a UPS shipping & transfer cost so factor that in.

Thanks for looking
541 659 2565

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.