JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been experimenting with making my own chalk rounds in 66mm and 41mm for the can cannon and golfball launcher. Have any of you done the same or made similar? Any advice?

Screenshot_20230219_224152_Gallery.jpg

Wow this is pretty neat. I've done some where I used a NATO training blank inserted into the body and the nose was a sliding "firing pin" for it... I still have an enormous box of those blanks somewhere too, but no I don't have the job I had where I can freely mess with making DDs under license. If you were to want to make a 37mm I could probably help you scale the design. Do you have any blanks and black powder on hand?

Never made my own! Too cool!

Before I sold mine I did have a pretty impressive list of things that fit into the can cannon that have been launched.

My favorite was when I figured out most aerosol cans fit.

DDD5CAC8-9053-4054-9CB3-25906A6613A6.jpeg

Wow this is pretty neat. I've done some where I used a NATO training blank inserted into the body and the nose was a sliding "firing pin" for it... I still have an enormous box of those blanks somewhere too, but no I don't have the job I had where I can freely mess with making DDs under license. If you were to want to make a 37mm I could probably help you scale the design. Do you have any blanks and black powder on hand?
The can cannon uses m200 blanks to launch the projectiles. Range is about 150yds for soda cans and >300 for golfballs. I'm having stability issues with the chalk rounds I've made and about 50% on them breaking when firing.

I have been experimenting with making my own chalk rounds in 66mm and 41mm for the can cannon and golfball launcher. Have any of you done the same or made similar? Any advice?

View attachment 1369298
You could probably print most of a hollow form pause, fill with chalk, and then continue. A thick card and a felt cushion wad would probably work to cushion the base, or just make the base thicker, but that might interfere with stability. Another option is to make it a sphere with a separate sabot /cradle that's reusable.

Last Edited:
The can cannon uses m200 blanks to launch the projectiles. Range is about 150yds for soda cans and >300 for golfballs. I'm having stability issues with the chalk rounds I've made and about 50% on them breaking when firing.
I think I may have not described it well enough. I prototyped a few that have a "chamber" in the body of the projectile, and a separate screw on nose with a plunger in the tip to strike the primer when the "projectile" hits something. This was with German plastic bodied 762 blanks crimped into aluminum bases. It was for dispersing material loaded into and around the "chamber" in the projectile body.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews