JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rise Armament -

I have used many different manufacturers of AR triggers over the years, but after using Rise Armament triggers for the last three years, I haven't found one that will come close to the quality at the price point they offer. I have one RA-140 that is approaching 5,000 rounds without any problems, never been cleaned and still holding a solid 3.5lb press.

A few weeks ago, I made a comment as such on one of their Facebook posts, and much to my surprise up popped a private message. We discussed my background, use and endorsement of their triggers.

They offered to send a banner along with some parts to allow a large pin Colt receiver the use of their triggers.

I'm not receiving any compensation from Rise Armament, but I do endorse their triggers, and join with them in supporting "Folds of Honor".

Rise.jpg

rise armament triggers are great. i had a RA434 in my LR308 but ended up taking it out and putting it in my AR grendel build.

i think because the reset is SO short on this trigger the recoil would make me just barely let off even when holding the teigger back through the shot, the hammer would fall against the "drop safety" and i would have to cycle the charging handle. it would happen frequently shooting 308. has NEVER happened shooting 6.5 Grendel.

Good to know. My go to has typically been guiselle, but drop in triggers are appealing for 80%ers.

What I really hate are cheap parts kit triggers that end up dropping the hammer on release after they wear out!

I purchased an RA-535 since I got a killer deal on it. Will update when I drop it into a build. Once you start shooting non-Milspec triggers it's hard to go back to stock ones! I have previously been a CMC single stage guy so looking forward to trying this one out.

My only concern is I have heard some (all?) of their triggers have fitment issues in Aero lowers (this was several year ago though) due to the way the front of the lower where the trigger group would go is radiused. Almost all my lowers are Aero so we'll see how it goes.

I'll post an update when I try to fit it in (just arrived today according to tracking!)

My latest is an Aero lower, dropped right in with no issues.

Some lowers have extra material in the corners, which makes the cartridge type triggers not a drop-in item.

What's wrong with that? I never got peoples issue with 2 stage triggers.

There's nothing "wrong" with them.

Some people prefer single stage vs 2 stage, every trigger discussed in this thread prior to the Larue is a single stage. I was just pointing it out.

I prefer single stage triggers for the most part and I own 3 LaRue MBTs.

There's nothing "wrong" with them.

Some people prefer single stage vs 2 stage, every trigger discussed in this thread prior to the Larue is a single stage. I was just pointing it out.

I prefer single stage triggers for the most part and I own 3 LaRue MBTs.

LaRue offers both, the MBT-1S is single stage, the MBT-2S is 2 stage.

Depends on the pull weight of the two stages, for this particular build, I WANT a good single stage with about a 3 to 3.5 pound trigger! Solid, dependable and safe for a fighting carbine!

I would typically add one pound more over a single stage when use a 2 stage, so if I wanted a 2 stage in the weight range you are after I go with a the SSA which has a total pull weight of 4.25-4.75 lbs.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top