JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
10/7 – Foundation – Pistol - 125.00

New to firearms, or want to increase your efficiency skill?

This one-day Handgun Foundation class is for those who are new to firearms, or long time users that would like to increase their skill in running it efficiently. We will review firearm safety, fundamentals of marksmanship, and proper use of the sights and trigger. We will work on loading and unloading, presentation to the target from the holster if handgun, ready positions, clearing malfunctions, all with skill sets and drills to improve overall efficient operation. This class is a great way to get ready for Run the Gun Handgun class.

Required Ammunition - 300 Rounds Class starts at 0800 and runs for 8-10 hrs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/13-14 1911 Armorer/Operator Class – 350.00

This class is designed to get the most out of the 1911 platform. From proper take down, maintenance, trouble shooting, tuning and reliability modifications, to live fire operation.

History - Safety Check - Field Strip - Cleaning - Maintenance - Inspection - Function
Simple Reliability Modifications - Tools - Operation & Running the Platform

500 Rounds - 350.00 Limited to 4 students – 2 Slots Still Available

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/20-21 Run the Gun - Rifle – 250.00

Learn to the run the gun, so the gun does not run you.

This 2 day class is made to instill the fundamentals of efficiency into your firearm. We work with your firearm and related equipment with manipulations and drills that are logical and proven to be effective and useful well past the range. No industry standard watered down content that so often fails to relate to the street. You will understand how the brain works in taking in the information and properly absorb it so that productive execution of the training is maintained.

Every student has told me this is far from a basic class, yet agree these are needed skills...in my opinion, basic necessary skills. This course is applicable to everyone from the casual yet competent shooter to the advanced shooter. This class will challenge and develop your skills as a shooter to be solid with manipulations, engagement and awareness that yields results through experience that you can build upon for your future training.

Required Ammunition - 1000 Rounds Class starts at 0800 and runs for 8-10 hrs per day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cerberus-training

Last Edited:
Do you have any idea what dates if any you are going to have in November . I'm thinking run the gun pistol and AR15 .one day each hopefully back to back .one day pistol one day Rifle.

Not sure about November, most likely the first weekend, as the weather will be unstable at that point.

Looking at having 2 day armorer classes thru the fall, shut down from the week of Thanksgiving until February, then armorer classes again until spring.

Probably throw in a armorer class here and there throughout the year, and add in requested classes; scoped/precision rifle, shotgun, and a couples class...then there's the regular classes that get good reviews.

Not sure about November, most likely the first weekend, as the weather will be unstable at that point.

Looking at having 2 day armorer classes thru the fall, shut down from the week of Thanksgiving until February, then armorer
Ok I kinda figured that I was just wondering I might be looking at next year then April or May .
I would come next week if I could but work and vacation planning is a big deal .at my job .I can't just say I'M taking next week off LOL THANKS FOR THE REPLY

Lol don't worry I'm coming to a class or two .
I just have to schedule a time it's not a big deal but I have to plan stuff out way out lol

I try to post classes about a month and a half ahead of time. I know for some that might not give enough time to coordinate time off etc. But I have family appointments as well to take care of, so planning classes way far out is tough.

One can always contact me directly to schedule a class if you have a small group. I have one coming in next month, and pulled a class date off the schedule to accommodate them.

If there's a specific date in November or even in October, and you have 3-4 people, I have no problem pulling a class date off the schedule to help you out. No extra charge.

I love doing this, it's not work for me.

I'll be there. Anyone else from the NWFA camp going?

10/20-21 Run the Gun - Rifle – 250.00

Learn to the run the gun, so the gun does not run you.

This 2 day class is made to instill the fundamentals of efficiency into your firearm. We work with your firearm and related equipment with manipulations and drills that are logical and proven to be effective and useful well past the range. No industry standard watered down content that so often fails to relate to the street. You will understand how the brain works in taking in the information and properly absorb it so that productive execution of the training is maintained.

Every student has told me this is far from a basic class, yet agree these are needed skills...in my opinion, basic necessary skills. This course is applicable to everyone from the casual yet competent shooter to the advanced shooter. This class will challenge and develop your skills as a shooter to be solid with manipulations, engagement and awareness that yields results through experience that you can build upon for your future training.

Required Ammunition - 1000 Rounds Class starts at 0800 and runs for 8-10 hrs per day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cerberus-training

Check my website, and look for "S.A.T."

The problem I see, a lot of people want to run around with their caboose on fire, but can't back it up with proper handling, manipulation and accuracy. I get a lot of folks telling me they are all that, but within 15 minutes it falls apart.

Not saying you're that way, just trying to get across to be honest with oneself where they are with handling, manipulation and accuracy. I don't want to see 1-2 people bring the class to a screeching halt because they can't keep up with such things, and that in turn hurts the others in the class because all the time is spent trying to get those people up to speed, while the others sit around.

I hope you can appreciate that.

My suggestion is take the Pistol/Rifle combo class first, which I will be making as a prerequisite...see where you are to the standards I have, and we go from there. I've had some fantastic people in my classes that can out shoot me, but when it comes to running the gun, they haven't spent the time needed to get up to the level I'd like to see before going thru the S.A.T. class.

Better yet, if there's a group of people you shoot/train with sign up together, which I recommend. That way, you all know what level everyone can operate at, and its easier me for me and my instructors to bring the group along together knowing they can all move at the same pace.

Check my website, and look for "S.A.T."

The problem I see, a lot of people want to run around with their caboose on fire, but can't back it up with proper handling, manipulation and accuracy. I get a lot of folks telling me they are all that, but within 15 minutes it falls apart.

Not saying you're that way, just trying to get across to be honest with oneself where they are with handling, manipulation and accuracy. I don't want to see 1-2 people bring the class to a screeching halt because they can't keep up with such things, and that in turn hurts the others in the class because all the time is spent trying to get those people up to speed, while the others sit around.

I hope you can appreciate that.

My suggestion is take the Pistol/Rifle combo class first, which I will be making as a prerequisite...see where you are to the standards I have, and we go from there. I've had some fantastic people in my classes that can out shoot me, but when it comes to running the gun, they haven't spent the time needed to get up to the level I'd like to see before going thru the S.A.T. class.

Better yet, if there's a group of people you shoot/train with sign up together, which I recommend. That way, you all know what level everyone can operate at, and its easier me for me and my instructors to bring the group along together knowing they can all move at the same pace.

Good points. I understabd what you are saying. I linked my ARR from OCTS. Maybe I am wrong with this, but it seemed like being put under pressure/moving forced the manipulation stuff into the subconcious faster.

My other issue is I have taken multiple pistol 1 classes due to moving, and been shooting for years, so it gets tiring doing the same thing over and over. I still LEARN things each time, so not a waist, but I LIKE being pushed to failure.

Maybe an option would be to have people. Like me show up 1 hour early and force them to run through a course cold, and if they don't meet your standards send em home.

One Chance Tactical Solutions pistol 1 AAR

My dad had Parkinsons some years ago, and was being treated at OHSU in Portland. During that time, I was able to discuss with the Dr's how the brain takes in, retains, and spits back out info.

The subconscious or "Muscle Memory" as a lot of people call it, doesn't know right and wrong. Its like typing a word document on your computer. Whatever you type and save, it gives it back to you the same way...regardless of any errors. In essence, garbage in-garbage out...or what we're looking for, quality in-quality out. So goes the saying...practice does not make perfect, for if it is not correct, you'll get an incorrect response when called upon. Therefore...perfect practice, makes perfect.

The conscious is what trains the brain, and it can not be done with speed. Speed will come after many repetitions of doing the same thing. Remember the first time you drove a stick shift vehicle. How awkward that was...clumsy, slow. That was the conscious doing its thing, learning. After awhile, you tweak some things to get better at it. After a good long time you can go thru a residential or business area looking for an address while up and down shifting without thinking about it...that's the subconscious doing its thing.

If you could hear the brain talk to itself, it would go something like this...

Subconscious - Conscious, I got the car, you look for the address.

Conscious - Roger that, you just make sure you manipulate the car as I taught you.

Subconscious - Got it.

So goes in firearms training, or anything for that matter...many correct repetitions will give you correct responses without having to think about it.

Brain conversation again;

Conscious - We're going shooting today

Subconscious - Yes! Can't wait!

Conscious - Uh, you really fouled up last time!

Subconscious - You taught me!

Conscious - Uh.......hmmmmm....ugh

So, when training the brain it must be done slow and deliberate at first. Speed will come on its own without thinking. Proper technique must be done every time to really chisel it in, or as they say....speed kills, and train wrecks will happen.
So when practicing, after 30+ years I still go slow when going thru dry weapons manipulation. I call it that, as dry fire conjures up a picture of trigger press only, and there's so much more that needs to be worked on...consistently.

My other issue is I have taken multiple pistol 1 classes due to moving, and been shooting for years, so it gets tiring doing the same thing over and over. I still LEARN things each time, so not a waist, but I LIKE being pushed to failure.

I can push you, if that's what you want. I can push you to the level of the expectations I've had when I worked with team members busting doors and hunting people in marijuana plantations.

Will it be a total transformation, probably not...but enough tweaking of the important things to make you more efficient and work in harmony with how you operate.

I read the AAR you posted. The class hit on the deficiencies I see with a lot of people, and they were worked on. I tend to take those, and work on them until I see some subconscious kicking in and coming out 'more' correct. I don't like to put information overload and too many different skill sets into a 8-10 hour time, as things will get messed up coming out the other end.

With all my students, they are able to contact me and ask for the drills we worked on, and I will send them detailed outline of what they were and what we're wanting to accomplish, and pointers to keep them going in the right direction.

When someone leaves here, they are not forgotten. They are welcome to keep in contact with me about their progress etc.

Last Edited:
I can push you, if that's what you want. I can push you to the level of the expectations I've had when I worked with team members busting doors and hunting people in marijuana plantations.

Will it be a total transformation, probably not...but enough tweaking of the important things to make you more efficient and work in harmony with how you operate.

I read the AAR you posted. The class hit on the deficiencies I see with a lot of people, and they were worked on. I tend to take those, and work on them until I see some subconscious kicking in and coming out 'more' correct. I don't like to put information overload and too many different skill sets into a 8-10 hour time, as things will get messed up coming out the other end.

With all my students, they are able to contact me and ask for the drills we worked on, and I will send them detailed outline of what they were and what we're wanting to accomplish, and pointers to keep them going in the right direction.

When someone leaves here, they are not forgotten. They are welcome to keep in contact with me about their progress etc.

That makes sense. I appreciate all the detailed responces. I want to make clear, I don't think I am a hot shot, I do know I am slightly above average in pistol 1 classes.

I recognize and agree with the statements on learning, and I appreciate the need to take it slow and get good reps. However I am also very high energy, need stimulation, need to get embarrassed and see where I am deficient. Thank you for the PM :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top