JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1300
Manufacturer
Century Arms
Caliber
5.45x39mm
City
TROUTDALE
State
Oregon
Zip Code
*Currently Pending*

Not interested in trades

Hello all!

I have a Century Arms Tantal Sporter for sale today. This rifle was bought from another NWFA member last year and my Intent was to correct the main issue with the rifle (to be detailed later in the ad). However I have decided to go a different direction in my collecting and wish to pass this on to another member.

This is one of the Infamous Tantals with the incorrect barrel. This results in keyholing at roughly 100 yards, (It will consistently ring steel at 100 though) but the rifle functions fine otherwise (I have about 1k rounds through it since I picked it up.) I ended up selling the original stock and replacing it with a (intended to be temporary) Magpul Zhukov S stock, but the rifle otherwise has the proper parts for a Tantal.

Other things I did or had started to do to the rifle:
- Changed the Tapco trigger out for a ALG trigger
- Swapped the original skinny pistol grip for a polish "fatty" bakelite pistol grip
- Purchased a 5.45x39 barrel (https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30886 this one to be exact chrome lined, not yet installed)
- Added a Attero arms rear sight red dot mount (T1 mounting pattern, original rear sight will be included as well)
- Purchased a side rail optic mount made for the tantal (Included but not yet installed)

The Rifle will come with two Mags, 60 rounds of wolf MC 5.45 ammo, a sling, the original pistol grip and rear sight. I can throw in the Tapco trigger and the other pieces of magpul plum furniture if so desired.

Asking $1300 O.B.O. for everything. Buyer pays transfer unless transfer is done at Tigard Pawn/A cut above pawn. Willing to drive a fair bit within reason to meet at a FFL. Prefer not to ship.
If you have any questions feel free to send a PM.

20220603_174132.jpg 20220603_174121.jpg 20220507_071954.jpg 20220603_181149.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
My buddy and I both purchased Century Tantals back in the day. They both keyholed (mine was so bad it was actually impressive! Could miss the man sized target at 25 yards, or get a nice "full value" hole in the target matching the projectile going through sideways!). My buddy sent his back and I kept mine. I purchased a new barrel and found a person who could do the job (a credentialed Gunsmith). The Gunsmith did a fantastic job! Rifle functions 100%, is accurate (in AK terms) and looks great.

Was this a bit of a hassle? Sure it was. Did it cost me some gelt? Yep. However, Tantals are uncommon and likely to stay that way. Not sure anyone is producing them these days. Given the way AKs are going pricewise, this could be a chance to get something unique into your stable, that SHOULD appreciate in value during the not so distant future.

BTW, my buddy after seeing mine, regrets sending his back. 😉

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.