JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So...... I decided to take a leap into it head-first and bought Century's C308, it was only $659 at Keith's and I have to say I'm actually very impressed so far. It feels quite lightweight, yet solidly built. So far I have only 40 rounds of Tulammo through but it fired flawlessly seems impressively accurate. The only fault I can find with it is the furniture seems pretty cheap but that should be fairly inexpensive and easy to replace. On the whole I am very pleased with.

So...... I decided to take a leap into it head-first and bought Century's C308, it was only $659 at Keith's and I have to say I'm actually very impressed so far. It feels quite lightweight, yet solidly built. So far I have only 40 rounds of Tulammo through but it fired flawlessly seems impressively accurate. The only fault I can find with it is the furniture seems pretty cheap but that should be fairly inexpensive and easy to replace. On the whole I am very pleased with.

I would really like to hear a detailed range report. Maybe some pictures too?:)

More pictures are coming up soon when I have the time and more light to work with. As far as a more detailed range report, I'd be glad to.

The fit and finish is very decent for a rifle of this price. It's obvious that quality has become a much higher priority for CAI than has historically been the case, as evidenced by their significantly improved warranty (though it's still far from an industry-leading warranty, it does indicate a far greater degree of confidence that they're not selling you something that will be junk right out of the box). Fit, finish, build quality are all about on par with mid-range AK's and FAR exceed Century's previous CETME models (which made even low-end AK's seemed refined by comparison). I don't have a huge deal of experience with PTR's though I have fired PTR-91's and in terms of build quality, I really don't see a great deal of difference with the C308. This isn't necessarily surprising, as apparently PTR is making the receivers for C308's. The barrels are also US-made, while the internals are primarily new old stock CETME parts. Everything is rock-solid and the action is quite smooth for a roller-delayed blowback type. The trigger is about what you'd expect from a typical military-style rifle, neither terrible nor excellent. As mentioned previously, the furniture is not impressive, but seems to be the same as what you'd expect on a base-model PTR-91. The rifle ships with 3 magazines (two H&K 20-round surplus mags, and one 5-rounder). The rifle weighs about 9.4 pounds with an empty magazine which is on par with many comparable rifles.

As of today, I've got 100 rounds through it, all of which has been Russian steel-cased stuff. Reliability has been 100%, though this isn't exactly a torture test. Feeding and ejection are both extremely positive, though the casings do seem to take a bit of a beating as is expected for weapons using this action. Will certainly have to try a greater variety of ammo, though. Also I should note, I haven't bothered to try out the 5-round mag. Accuracy is good, the rifle seems to shoot to point of aim at 100 yards, though I haven't fired it for groups as of yet. However, the sights leave something to desired; externally the rifle resembles the HK-91 type rifles, it uses CETME internals and CETME sights. These do not lend themselves particularly well to accuracy and I really wish they'd used the H&K type drum instead. That said, the rifle does have a picatinny rail and a decent optic would mitigate this problem. Also, I'm not a fan of Century's chevron muzzle brake, but that's strictly a matter of aesthetic preference. For the money, it's an excellent buy and I am so far very happy the purchase.

image_zpscqn4q74e.jpg

Last Edited:
Next you'll be telling us Americans make Belgian waffles better than the Belgians do!

Actually, they do. Americans innovate more, and are more creative.

Here are some photos of Belgian Waffles that you can find being served here in Oregon. Do you think that anything like this is available in Belgium???

The one in the first photo below makes for a wonderful breakfast. Putting Maple Syrup on thick tasty bacon is actually quite delicious.

waffle1.jpg waffle2.jpg waffle6.jpg waffle7.jpg wafle3.jpg

Last Edited:
does yours it eat up the brass like in the video?

Nope. Not even close. I sometimes get a little dent not unlike what you seem from some AK's and a little knick on the rim from the extractor. I thought about taking a pic but (now regrettably) decided against it.

Actually, they do. Americans innovate more, and are more creative.

Here are some photos of Belgian Waffles that you can find being served here in Oregon. Do you think that anything like this is available in Belgium???

The one in the first photo below makes for a wonderful breakfast. Putting Maple Syrup on thick tasty bacon is actually quite delicious.

View attachment 222999 View attachment 223000 View attachment 223001 View attachment 223002 View attachment 223003
I think I just saw this place on 'Diners drive inns and dives'
This looks way better than what I had for dinner tonight

Oh yeah, gunblast.Sounds like a good ole boy and when you get past the souther drawl,you realize he doesn't say anything bad about any gun.They all feel perfect and shoot sub moa.
Guess if they gave me free guns I'd do the same

My thoughts exactly. I've never seen him do a negative review of anything, but then I suppose one doesn't bite the hand that feeds them. It's one of the reasons I was hesitant to buy the C308, all of the reviews were range experiences during Century-sponsored events or from online retailers (i.e. those that are trying to sell these things). This particular review is mostly more of the above.

Hey if you guys want to pool your cash and send me one I'll do a honest review for ya :D I even have another HK91 clone for comparison (the best clone ever built in my opinion, the Springfield SAR-3)

Oh yeah, gunblast.Sounds like a good ole boy and when you get past the souther drawl,you realize he doesn't say anything bad about any gun.They all feel perfect and shoot sub moa.
Guess if they gave me free guns I'd do the same

Perhaps he just loves guns so much, that anything that simply goes Bang makes his day.

You are right, though, I've not seen him ever post a negative review either.

I think I just saw this place on 'Diners drive inns and dives'
This looks way better than what I had for dinner tonight

The restaurant was created by two brothers who grew up as young boys in Belgium while their Dad worked there, and came to love Belgium Waffles.

They now have two restaurants in Eugene, and recently opened one up in southeast Portland, at 2601 SE Clinton Street.

All they serve are Belgium Waffles. It just is a matter of what you want on top of it. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top