JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure what caused this. Using some reloads and the ejected casing got clamped by the action. Maybe not enough powder? Dirty slide? Only happened once with about 100 rounds shot through it yesterday.

20201229_152801.jpg

Any unburnt powder? I made some barely under loads that cycled sometimes in one gun and most times in another. Caught a few rounds like that and there was powder in the action at the end of the day. .5 grains of powder can be a huge thing

Any unburnt powder? I made some barely under loads that cycled sometimes in one gun and most times in another. Caught a few rounds like that and there was powder in the action at the end of the day. .5 grains of powder can be a huge thing
Not sure what caused this. Using some reloads and the ejected casing got clamped by the action. Maybe not enough powder? Dirty slide? Only happened once with about 100 rounds shot through it yesterday.

View attachment 799831
Limp wristing. Dirty action and chamber? Dirty extractor?
Might be a reduced charge. Did you notice anything odd when firing?

Just a guess but judging by the dirty condition of the brass most likely undercharged. How much garbage is in the areas behind the throat due to lack of a good seal? Could be fast build up of crap on frame rails and such causing
slowdown of recoil and feed.

That could very well be. We're running through some reloads my father-in-law made a few years ago. I should make a reference round and weigh them.
Limp wristing. Dirty action and chamber? Dirty extractor?
Might be a reduced charge. Did you notice anything odd when firing?
Definitely. I've never had a stove pipe or unextracted casings before in the Sig, and going through two mags I ended up having to fix about six incompletely loaded or stove piped shots.

20201229_152853.jpg

This was a subsequent shot.
Interesting to see if the case length is a tad bit too long. If you kept it separate might see if you can use some calipers and tell us what length it is.
I didn't have the presence of mind to keep that one separate...
Just a guess but judging by the dirty condition of the brass most likely undercharged. How much garbage is in the areas behind the throat due to lack of a good seal? Could be fast build up of crap on frame rails and such causing
slowdown of recoil and feed.
I haven't cleaned the guns yet, so I'll take a look when we strip it down today.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top