JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While doing some research for the book that's going to be released soon, I found some interesting information that seems relevant to the nation concerns we have at the moment.

According to, Mexican government sources, that report firearms seized in their country that belongs to cartels and Mexican gangs. Were manufactured and sold in this country. What I am finding is, these were sold legally to persons that eventually brought them south of the border. How that is done I am not sure at this point. But the guns that are being provided to cartels are often times purchased here and then brought across the border. California has a new law coming up about purchasing so many firearms within a given time. That is how I started looking at this for research and then found out there may actually be a hidden reason or agenda to support such a law in California.( I do not agree ).

First of all I am not accepting the fact that, a limitation should be drafted into law limiting how many firearms one could purchase. I am finding that two things that we enjoy actually contribute to illegal activity. That is nothing new as we are well aware that many criminals use a firearm to commit a crime. And in this country generally the firearms or stolen there used a crime. So it was my surprise when I found out legally purchased firearms in this country were given to criminals in other countries. Interesting facts but nonetheless that's how it seems to work. And it could be said that our easy purchasing system in a person with $30,000 of spending money could easily purchase cases of firearms and all they would have to do is get them south of the border. Stolen firearms in Mexico are nonexistent to a point because most of the people there do not have firearms, so the only way to acquire them would be through some kind of onsource. As was seen in 2015, a California senator was arrested for gunrunning. But it appears he was using the same type of system purchasing legal firearms and then tranferring them down to the border.

Now your wondering at this point why would bring this up, because it seems to hint having an ability to purchase firearms reasonably, could be arming cartels who bring drugs and other problems into this country?

The point is if certain political parties are concerned about paying for a wall along our border, well obviously they are aware that firearms are coming out of this country and going into other countries over that same border they were trying to keep people from coming in if that makes sense. That's why I posted this. I know this presents an argument for limiting the amount of firearms one could purchase, or making it more difficult because gunrunning is something that is occurring legally. So just something to think about when were having this issue about a wall it's not just a matter of protecting what's coming in, we may need to be concerned about what's going out and how that affects our Second Amendment rights when it's being abused in a criminal way.

Hmm interesting thought, as I would think it would lean the other way.

Cartels and others with illegal influence South of the border would want a push against the 2A, which would then allow them to smuggle illegal firearms into the US and fetch a far higher premium for there goods, and in quantity.

-also, I do believe that there is currently a national system that flags multiple purchases, handguns in particular. No idea on how it works, or of what the quantity/time frame need be. Perhaps it's just something anecdotal I've heard about...

Hmm interesting thought, as I would think it would lean the other way.

Cartels and others with illegal influence South of the border would want a push against the 2A, which would then allow them to smuggle illegal firearms into the US and fetch a far higher premium for there goods, and in quantity.
-also, I do believe that there is currently a national system that flags multiple purchases, handguns in particular. No idea on how it works, or of what the quantity/time frame need be. Perhaps it's just something anecdotal I've heard about...

I just found it interesting, I am very sure there are huge variables, and sure there is a illegal gun market, I was just surprised they were also purchased legally. The investigators seem to have the opinion, you can buy higher quality firearms. Very hard to steal high quality reliable arms. Again, not sure about the full process just came up when doing research and went, oh thats interesting....
Of course what firearm and such are not know...

One thing missing from your equation is the number of, "Military Grade" firearms and equipment recovered
from the cartels. The majority of which was originally issued to Mexican Federal Troops.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank God the cartels don't have any machinist or the ability to put "ghost" guns together. I mean, what good are $billions in narco dollars when you have to bribe Clint Eastwood to do your dirt (Just guessing I didn't see his movie yet).

Mexico, Central & South America's gun issues could very likely be cut in half (like our drug problem) if there was a will to do so. I understand the cartels own regions in Mexico. Seems to me if everyone knows who they are (It's no secret with their brutality) and where they are, why are they allowed to freely operate IF they are reduced to sneaking rifles from Joe Bob from San Diego?

Last Edited:
@DuneHopper,
In your research, did you come across stats on full vs semiautos?
By the media hype, it looks like the cartel prefers full auto. Don't know the facts. If they are predominately full auto, who is converting them? AND if you have that ability, why not just buy 80% lowers and build a ghost arsenal cheap?

That could be a premise for a book! Feel free to use it, all I ask is a free copy, signed of course.:D

The cartel's hand grenades and RPGs also come from American gun stores too. The only people who have more boating accidents than California gun owners are the Mexican arms rooms.

IIRC there was a situation a few years ago where the BATFE was suppling guns to the cartels as some part of a sting operation that "Went South" - no pun intended.

There are just too many holes in our border and I understand that there are also tunnels that are uncontrollable, too.:(:(:(

The cartel's hand grenades and RPGs also come from American gun stores too. The only people who have more boating accidents than California gun owners are the Mexican arms rooms.

Sarcasm? I'm assuming this is humor, and you do know that there are no hand grenades or RPGs in American gun stores??? (and not because the mexicans bought them all):).

The cartel's hand grenades and RPGs also come from American gun stores too.
Yup, we've all seen plenty of 40㎜ on the shelves at Cabelas. :s0112: :s0103:

13651513_f1024.jpg

Fast and Furious ring any bells?

Indeed, and no one (at least on this on this side of the border) was ever prosecuted. :mad:

Tombstone, Magnificent 7... isn't this what those movies were about?

Edited to cut them hard working politicians a break.

Last Edited:
The cartels have plenty of money. My pure guess is that most American police and politicians are a) honest and would not take any amount, b) would refuse it for fear of being caught, or c) a small number do get bribed and are never detected. Given that every few years someone is caught accepting a bribe, there are definitely at least a few officials accepting them and going undetected from time to time.

Sometimes you just take the money. It would
be nice if we lived on the honor system alone but we don't. Nancy Pelosi may believe MS13 are cute & huggable but no one else with half a brain does.

California has a new law coming up about purchasing so many firearms within a given time.

New California governor recycles bill to limit individual gun sales

One thing missing from your equation is the number of, "Military Grade" firearms and equipment recovered
from the cartels. The majority of which was originally issued to Mexican Federal Troops.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I forget the name of the aid program, but we armed and trained one of the baddest of the bad cartels when they were still Mexican Troops. You remember what the program was? And the cartel, maybe Zapatos?

Mexico, Central & South America's gun issues could very likely be cut in half (like our drug problem) if there was a will to do so. I understand the cartels own regions in Mexico. Seems to me if everyone knows who they are (It's no secret with their brutality) and where they are, why are they allowed to freely operate IF they are reduced to sneaking rifles from Joe Bob from San Diego?

Corruption, graft, and murder is the way. Anybody (edit: gov official) that won't play ball with the cartels either disappears or find his head out in the street on display.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top