1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Carry Gun, Glock 23 or S&W .357

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by M.Link, Apr 11, 2010.

1. M.Link

M.Link Guest

If you had one gun to carry, in any weather, in any clothing, under any circumstance, would you take a G23 or a 50-60's 5-shot S&W .357mag? Reason I'm asking is, a neighbor of mine, 60 or 70 years old, told me he would give me his .357 and 300 bucks for my Glock. I shot the .357 and it was great, and its easier to carry.
  2. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Well, they both have their pros and cons. I, personally, would take an auto over a revolver any day of the week...especially if it is below a .44 mag (but that's just me).

.357 Mag, although a formidable calliber, has it's flaws. If you fire .357 mag out of a pistol that has less than 3" of barrel, you would be better off shooting .38 SPC +P down it. The reason for that is, is because the powder in the cassing is still burning- even though the bullet is already out of the barrel.

Nevertheless, if it is easier for you to carry- then I think you already have your answer as to the gun you should CC.
  3. M.Link

M.Link Guest

The Glock is real easy to carry too. But with the 357 being smaller, it becomes easier.
  4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the six for sure concept. For a carry gun I like the simplicity of a failure drill with a revolver. If it goes click twice, reload. Also, it sounds like a nice .357 revolver. Further down the road, you could easily replace the Glock if you decided to...
  5. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Would the Smith be a good deal @$200? If so then it sounds like a good trade.