JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please chime in and let me know if this is typical.....

So I spent a day out today with the family. Took the opportunity to CCW for the first time today. I have had my permit for a few weeks now and have been building up the courage since then.
Carrying a G27 IWB in a Com-Tac Mtac. VERY concealed. Almost no printing at all even under a T-Shirt. My wife couldn't even tell. In fact, I didn't tell her until we were in the store. She knows I have been building the courage to carry so its not I was trying to hide it from her. I didn't tell her mostly to see if she would be able to tell. I carried all morning before leaving.
Well, were in the store and I said: "Either you havent noticed, or your not saying". She asked what I was talking about and I rubbed the G27 against her. You should have seen how big her eyes got. :eek:
She said she couldn't even tell.
Never the less. I was FREAKED! I had this sudden realization, while in the store, that I had a gun!!! I had a short panic attack, then calmed down.

Please tell me this goes away. I just felt like I was walking around naked in the store and everyone was looking.:s0131:
Thought I would share and see what you guys thought.

On a seperate topic, The MTAC is VERY confortable. I was blown away. Highly reccomended.

Will that feeling of everyone is watching you because you are the only one that knows you are carrying a concealed pistol? Yes, but it will take time to get comfortable.

Everyone settles in differently. Just do your part in concealing and no one should know. Once you get over that feeling you'll get more relaxed. It may take more than a few weeks for you to adjust to it.

I do hope you have done some research into what it really means to carry. Do you have Dave Workman's book?

"Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities"

If not I would strongly recommend it to you and everyone else.

Good job!

"An armed society is a polite society" unknown author

Will that feeling of everyone is watching you because you are the only one that knows you are carrying a concealed pistol? Yes, but it will take time to get comfortable.

Everyone settles in differently. Just do your part in concealing and no one should know. Once you get over that feeling you'll get more relaxed. It may take more than a few weeks for you to adjust to it.

I do hope you have done some research into what it really means to carry. Do you have Dave Workman's book?

"Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities"

If not I would strongly recommend it to you and everyone else.

Good job!

"An armed society is a polite society" unknown author

I have read several books on what it means to CCW. But I haven't heard of the one you referenced. Thanks for the tip.
I have no problem with the idea of what it means to CCW, and I get that you have to take the safety of yourself and your loved one into your own hands. However, putting it into practice has proven an exercise in courage for me. I'm a self conscious guy anyhow.
Thanks for listening guys.:s0155:

.....Like a virgin, packin for the very first time, like a virgin, can you see me, with my 9...... :s0114: I crack myself up or at least the margaritas do

It's an awesome responsibility...your nerves will calm down in a while but you're keyed into your new responsibility for carrying and ,if necessary, using your firearm correctly and within the law. Some people get a bit more testosterone poisoned and agressive when they start to carry...thankfully you dont appear to be one of those.

It's an awesome responsibility...your nerves will calm down in a while but you're keyed into your new responsibility for carrying and ,if necessary, using your firearm correctly and within the law. Some people get a bit more testosterone poisoned and aggressive when they start to carry...thankfully you dont appear to be one of those.

Testosterone and ego shouldn't exist when carrying in my opinion. If anything, to M. Ayoob's theory, you should be more apt to avoid and digress when carrying.

On a seperate topic, The MTAC is VERY confortable. I was blown away. Highly reccomended.

While the MTAC was comfortable, it didn't fit my athletic frame. It was too thick, so I purchased the all-kydex Infidel with the standard clip instead. I don't have problems with shifting, so I don't really need the MTAC. It's a perfect match for a medium frame handgun if you have an athletic frame, and more or less wear predominantly fitted clothing.

On a seperate topic, yes, Massad Ayoob is an absolute genius when it comes to self-defense. I don't know where we would be as a community without his ingenious articles.

From the summer carry thread, the Infidel.
IMG_3407.jpg

Congrats on taking the step towards protecting yourself and your loved ones. Carry wherever it is legal to do so.
So my question for the JC9995 is, what state do you carry in?
If you are new to carrying I'm going to assume you didn't make the jump right away to one in the chamber. If you already did, well done!
That will be another milestone on the journey to being completely comfortable with concealed carry.
Being a Glock carrier myself (G19) I can say that carrying with a round chambered took some getting used to initially.
5 years later, I have 100% trust in the safety mechanisms of the Glock and the only time it is not chambered is when I'm cleaning it after range trips.

Depending on how often I shoot, my first magazine down range is normally my carry mag, and then when I'm done with the range ammo, my second magazine goes in and a round is chambered. I do this to cycle magazines, make sure my Glock feeds flawlessly with carry ammo, and to avoid issues with repeated re-chambering of the top round in the magazine.

Congrats on taking the step towards protecting yourself and your loved ones. Carry wherever it is legal to do so.
So my question for the JC9995 is, what state do you carry in?
If you are new to carrying I'm going to assume you didn't make the jump right away to one in the chamber. If you already did, well done!
That will be another milestone on the journey to being completely comfortable with concealed carry.
Being a Glock carrier myself (G19) I can say that carrying with a round chambered took some getting used to initially.
5 years later, I have 100% trust in the safety mechanisms of the Glock and the only time it is not chambered is when I'm cleaning it after range trips.

Depending on how often I shoot, my first magazine down range is normally my carry mag, and then when I'm done with the range ammo, my second magazine goes in and a round is chambered. I do this to cycle magazines, make sure my Glock feeds flawlessly with carry ammo, and to avoid issues with repeated re-chambering of the top round in the magazine.

I currently only carry in Oregon since we seem to not trust any other state with reciprocity.... however I am waiting for my Utah permit, 45 days and counting.
And your quite right... nothing in the chamber today. That may be a bit down the road. I have been carrying it around the house, and check to see if the "Glock Safety" has been compromised. So far so good.
Thats a good tip on cycling the mags. Dont think I would have thought of that.

Separate topic.... anyone used the expanding FMJ from Federal for self defense? I have some, and like what Ive read, but you can only beleive so much. Would like to hear from some of you guys.
Thanks again guys.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads