JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How much training have you had?

I understand your excitement, but:

Get over the urge to let your friends and family know you have it with you. Even your wife. Not a good idea, in my book. It is your weapon and it is either concealed in every way or it is not. My galpal and I have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy that works well to keep us both calm.

Rubbing it against your wife, bringing attention to the fact with anyone for that matter, in a public place shows a mindset that is unsafe in the long run.

Sorry if that's harsh, but my .02 is get serious and be safe. Not a game.

I agree with what your saying, but with all due respect I understand its not a game for god's sake.
Not quite sure how asking my wife if I am printing is unsafe in the long run.
Thanks for the input.

I very much disagree. If I am out with my husband, I need to know if he is carrying or not to act accordingly for the situation. Maybe it's because I'm a gun person myself (Waiting for the chl) with some training, but either way I think the wife should always know the situation. If something happens and he has to draw his weapon and (probably) fire it, the last thing you want is her freaking out that her husband just pulled out his weapon and she had no knowledge of it.
Also, I'd run through some "what-ifs" with her to make sure she knows what she needs to do if something ever happens. Everything changes when you are carrying.

I know it seems silly, but just things like moving under cover and the basic knowledge of firearms and how they work will benefit her.
If some big shootout were to happen while you're walking down the street, she should know how and where to take cover according to the situation and then how to move farther from danger (if her first cover point is not sufficient) while you lay down some cover fire. I'd always plan for the worst, just in case.
I'd also suggest she takes the CHL class, just so she knows how much of a lifestyle change it is. The instructors that I had were very thorough on making that a clear point, and it will be a big change for her as well.

Wakeadrian, I have to agree. My wife is a gun person as well, and I think she has a right to know in case the SHTF, and she has to use it. She should at least know its there if the need arises to protect my son, and Im not able to do so. Thanks for your input.

Just 'me' talking outloud, but I'm thinking that one needs to be of a 'mind set' to use your firearm if necessary, BEFORE you would be comfortable carrying one!!

Maybe I'm crass, but damn, if you are uptight and concerned about what your wife is think'n just pack'n, how do you feel about drawing the weapon in the event that you need to use it??

And if you wouldn't use it, what's the sense of pack'n it?

Frog.

Look guys, some of you are taking this out of context. Lets set a few things straight:
1. I am fully aware of the respoinsibility I have undertaken with doing this. I dont take it lightly.
2. I am fully capable of handling the firearm, I am fully trained in what it means to use a firearm against a BG.
3. I am fully capable of handling myself under extreme circumstances with the adrenaline flowing. Been there done that.
4. If, in any way shape or form, my families safety is in jeopardy and I am unable to escape the situation or defuse it, I will.... and make no mistake... do ANYTHING in my power to make sure we all get home safely.

Now, I guess I should have rephrased my original post. In respect to printing and keeping concealed.... when do you get more comfortable?

Not trying to be a jerk here, but I think saying this will save all of us some time.
Thanks again to everyone that has posted. I really appreciate the input. Stay safe.:s0155:

The bottom line is that all of this concern with printing, does anyone know I'm carrying, etc. demonstrates a focus on the wrong things. You are carrying a firearm, which can be a deadly weapon in your hands. This requires you to use calculated thoughts and actions; some of us take to it more naturally than others.
This is a great point. While I dont think the weight of what I am doing was lost, I do think too much time and energy is spent worrying about printing. Excellent point. After all, as my wife said, 99% of the people wouldnt think twice about what is pushing against the inside of my shirt.

if he was going to let his wife in on it, there might have been a better moment.

It just sounded to me like JC was overly-thrilled, and that could make him under-prepared.

Your points are appreciated and well made. In retrospect I couldnt agree more with the first point.
I assure you, I was not overly-thrilled. However I was under-prepared, I agree.:s0155:
Sorry if I seem pissy.

I agree with Dale.

I got your point right away but I think sometimes people reply before they have a full understanding of what is being said.

I too have recently recieved my CCL and although I have not yet carried, I understand your feelings.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top