JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to a gun show yesterday , had a great time looking at different guns and the like.
I have been looking for a 20 gauge shotgun that could use steel shot , should that ever be a issue for upland / grouse hunting.

I found a like new ( Just a bit of stock rash ) 1988 vintage Mossberg 500C with a 24 inch barrel.
Got the gun , took it home , took it apart and cleaned it ( not that it needed it...clean and looks like it ain't been shot much )
Found it had a Full choke tube installed.

After some research...I found Carlson's Choke tubes...read some online reviews...and ordered a Improved Cylinder and a Modified choke.
The various online reviews were positive....I was hoping for some reviews from folks here on the forum...as I trust most of y'all more than some random "review / reviewer".
Thanks.
Andy

Carlson's Light Mod is the best, at least for my Benelli 20ga.
i looked at and thought about a light Modified....but have no experience with that choke...
I went with the chokes that I knew / have experience with.

Glad to hear that it works well for you....may get one of those in the future.
Andy

Went to a gun show yesterday , had a great time looking at different guns and the like.
I have been looking for a 20 gauge shotgun that could use steel shot , should that ever be a issue for upland / grouse hunting.

I found a like new ( Just a bit of stock rash ) 1988 vintage Mossberg 500C with a 24 inch barrel.
Got the gun , took it home , took it apart and cleaned it ( not that it needed it...clean and looks like it ain't been shot much )
Found it had a Full choke tube installed.

After some research...I found Carlson's Choke tubes...read some online reviews...and ordered a Improved Cylinder and a Modified choke.
The various online reviews were positive....I was hoping for some reviews from folks here on the forum...as I trust most of y'all more than some random "review / reviewer".
Thanks.
Andy
I did Not know that Mossy Model was a front stuffer:s0005:

I have some Carlson's chokes for my 12 gauge SLP. They work quite well and were not that expensive either.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR