JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw a Carl Gustav (m94?) carbine at Cut Above pawn today. Im not very familiar with mausers like this. I believe it is the carbine, aftermarket or highly modified stock, not sure about the optic. The metal parts are in good shape. I cant seem to find any replacement original carbine stocks online though.

Anyone know more about these?

DeFZrw6.jpg
5kD3Qcz.jpg
kxrpfPt.jpg
NHXI977.jpg
gnpeRnv.jpg

It would be a lot of work to bring back to its military configuration.
Drilled and tapped , for a scope and peep sights.
Bolt handle re shaped.
Front sight replaced.
Looks to be missing the rear sight.
Missing the barrel bands , nose cap , sling swivels etc ...
The stock as noted has been re worked with wood added as inlays and a pistol grip.

As it it is it would make a handy hunting rifle.
I do appreciate the work that someone did on the carbine , but the price seems high to me if you want to try and bring it back to its military configuration.
Andy

Last Edited:
Is that what they call a mannlicher stock?

Cut Above pawn is 2 blocks from my house, I'm going to pay them a visit.

ETA: not going to buy the mauser, just want to check out the store

Is that what they call a mannlicher stock?

Cut Above pawn is 2 blocks from my house, I'm going to pay them a visit.

ETA: not going to buy the mauser, just want to check out the store

I stop in about once a month. They occasionally get interesting stuff. Their transfers are good too. They will haggle over price significant if you pay cash. They still have a python. They had a Barrett AR15 (I did not know they made them) and a few springfield m1A's

If I post it here that also means I dont care if someone wants it more than me.

It is a mannlicher *style* stock, but Mannlichers and Mausers are totally different actions. The Mannlicher is really cool but a little gimicky IMO and better for a conversation piece than a Mauser which will "get the ladies where they want to go every single time" to quote Jack Black.

I would kill to have a 1903 Mannlicher in 6.5 Mannlicher FWIW.

Well, the guy who did this took a $1250 carbine - a rare and much sought-after piece in anybody's book - and with a whole lot of work doing them fancy inlays, converting it to a pistol-grip stock, putting some bowling ball varnish on it and drilling and tapping it to mount a scope of great mediocrity, converted it into a $500 carbine.

DSC03723.JPG

Well done! that man.

tac

Well, the guy who did this took a $1250 carbine - a rare and much sought-after piece in anybody's book - and with a whole lot of work doing them fancy inlays, converting it to a pistol-grip stock, putting some bowling ball varnish on it and drilling and tapping it to mount a scope of great mediocrity, converted it into a $500 carbine.

View attachment 289997

Well done! that man.

tac

yeah, I was hoping it just needed a original stock to get it back to original.

Still not as slick as a Mannlicher straight-pull, though. That bolt takes some closing, for sure.

Especially if it is still in arsenal refurb condition, like my m/96 is.....
upload_2016-4-26_22-6-35.png

upload_2016-4-26_22-7-6.png

upload_2016-4-26_22-8-9.png

upload_2016-4-26_22-9-16.png

1938 Carlsborg arsenal refurb, and then put away and forgotten until 2011.

Shoots nicely, too. :) - ten shots, 100m.

upload_2016-4-26_22-11-22.png

tac

VERY nice, as indeed it should be for that price. BUT, the SA stamp makes it VERY rare, as they noted, one of only twenty made, so how many remain?

I'd love to have it, me.

Never going to happen though.

tac

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads