JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just found out I have to install a Carbon Monoxide Detector in my boat. I have had the boat for 32 years now without any kind of a CO problem. OK... Another piece of safety equipment.....Except....

What bugs me, is the things are bloody expensive and they are only good for a "fixed " period of time.
There is an internal clock that is set when the unit is manufactured and shuts them down when the time is up. In other words, You can buy a 5 yr. or a 10 yr. unit and it may have been manufactured 2, or 3 years ago.:confused: You end up paying for something you don't get and for all of that time it may have sat in a warehouse some where.:mad:

Capn Jack, out of curiosity, who enforces that on a boat? is this an insurance thing or...? who checks on that? I had to have them in my house before I bought it, before the mortgage would be approved etc, but beyond that I don't think anyone cares about me.:(

I have kept one in my house for the last 12 years.
And it's about time to replace it. Thanks for the reminder.

May as well change batteries in the six smoke detectors At the same time.:D

Don't laugh! I'm a very deep sleeper.
And I would prefer not to have my sleep be too deep. And last forever!;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews