JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went there for the last time today. Every time I'd been there, poor firearm safety was used. Today, I had a gun pointed my direction within two minutes of getting out of the car, so I got back in the car and left.

That sucks. I tried going last month to shoot a .22 pistol I got at the gun show. As I pulled up a group of kids were getting out of a lifted 4x4. They had a few rifles and one girl was walking with it with her finger on the trigger and pointed out, not down or out. There were enough other yahoos that it just didn't feel good so I left. There is an organized shoot coming up on the 25th put on by the WAguns guys that could be a lot of fun. They will have range control calling cease fires and I would guess general attendance will be a lot more safety minded. I want to go to that but have a family reunion and soccer the same day...

What is up with the...old guy and brass collecting?

He is a volunteer that probably has helped keep the pit open. I know some people say he is pretty aggressive, you can just tell him you reload and he will leave you alone.... or so I read on other forums. Ive never met him as I avoid the pit generally except for last weekend with the WGO/SGN group shoot that was held there.

See more about Frank here:
Volunteer spotlight: Frank Venske | Cleaning up Triangle Pit one shell casing at a time

From my understanding, yes. It is DNR managed land and roads. Sucks too because the pass is tied to the vehicle so you can't just swap them between rides.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top