JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1471401150063-1828890812.jpg . Beer can mortar and golf ball cannon

I make my own 12 guage blanks with just some blackpowder and a regular wad. We used to shoot slugs but it's more of a hassle because you have to use fuse instead of a primer. The last time I bought powder I was paying right around $13 a lb buying it by by the case. I don't play with them much these days other than the mortars once in a while.

I've always thought mortars were the better deal... less powder, more boom. and you can see the projectile, not just the after-effects of the projectile on your targets.

Costs of black powder kinda have dampened my thoughts about getting one. at 26 dollars a pound if you can find it, it seem hard to justify.

Eh, real BP is nice, but honestly American Pioneer is better (easier to clean certainly), and an easier hazmat class. If you're buying it in case quantities it's about $14/lb. The only thing is, it's no good for blanks, but it'll shoot projectiles all day long.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top