JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here shoot a cannon? MC0615.jpg

I love watching those guys on youtube shoot mountain guns at long range.. Krupp?
I've only seen a few cannons fired first-hand and it sure was fun.

About once a month if my Magnum Research 45-70 revolver counts.:)

And even farther off subject---
When I was 10 or 11 my mom taught me how to make a carbide cannon. (she grew up in a house lit by carbide) A real window rattler. Haven't built on in years, the coffee cans aren't the same.

Does this count?

30cal pocket cannon. Shoots the same ball bearings that you get for sling shots.

image.jpeg

About once a month if my Magnum Research 45-70 revolver counts.:)

And even farther off subject---
When I was 10 or 11 my mom taught me how to make a carbide cannon. (she grew up in a house lit by carbide) A real window rattler. Haven't built on in years, the coffee cans aren't the same.

Forgot all about carbide canons. My cousins used to shoot one off when we'd visit, in rural Pennsylvania. Loud & fun!

Used to use the carbide lanterns for fun while visiting too.

I was too young to set them off or handle the lanterns, well maybe not too young, perhaps too wiley...

I've made potato and apple cannons out of schedule 80 pipe, that send the load WAY out of sight. Propane and acetylene :cool:
Well if that counts then soda can cannons count. Cut the ends off and duct tape them together. Ether, hair spray, lighter fluid, whatever we could scrounge up that we could make work. Could send a tennis ball out of sight. Now this was back when soda cans were a little thicker than they are now...

Twenty five years ago [or more] when the kids were teenagers, we were camping at Silver Falls State Park during a Civil War re-enactment festival. I was talking to a guy that seemed to be in charge of the cannon shooting. When I asked where he got the cannons, he said he made them in a backyard foundry. I asked how many he had, and IRCC he said he had four left; the others were sold to pay for his divorce!

I think it was maybe 20-25 years ago I was camping up by silvercreek falls. Below us they had a pretty large Civil war reenactment and I got woken out of a drunken stupor around 8am thinking there was a huge storm then realized that it was cannon fire. that bubblegum was loud.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top