JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering buying a Sig p938 for conceal carry. I've read a lot about it, but I can't seem to find this gun locally. Can someone tell me if you can get three fingers on the grip when using the extended +1 magazines? I'm considering the Hogue rubber grips, if that changes things. Feel free to share any experiences shooting or carrying this the 938. Thanks for any help!

I'm considering buying a Sig p938 for conceal carry. I've read a lot about it, but I can't seem to find this gun locally. Can someone tell me if you can get three fingers on the grip when using the extended +1 magazines? I'm considering the Hogue rubber grips, if that changes things. Feel free to share any experiences shooting or carrying this the 938. Thanks for any help!
Yes you can get 3 fingers on the grip with the extended mag. About same size as lcp 2 so fits in ur pocket quite easily.

One of the very few small 9mms that is easy to shoot well. You can reduce trigger weight with simple hammer spring upgrade if desired. Night Sights are excellent. Grip is a bit thin for me so I made it a little wider with grip tape. Extremely reliable.

I used to carry in an iwb holster but always carry now in front pocket. Have had a few instances where I had my hand in front pocket, released the gun from Alabama holster via thumb tab so I could pull out incredibly fast if I had needed to. The problem person never even knew I had my hand on a gun. This can be a big advantage in some situations.

Here are some pics of the Alabama holster fwiw. Printing is zero.

With no gun in pocket
A1960FAD-ACE1-4013-B073-131ACD223D11.jpeg
With gun in pocket
5B6EADDD-6F1D-4B6A-AE1A-F3AF1E276B09.jpeg
Holster
4A7D988B-49BE-46DF-863F-00DD2A0AB771.jpeg
4C94566D-FC52-47A9-85F5-57D2332D97AF.jpeg
Here is an example of Alabama holster in action fyi:

Last Edited:
How big are your hands? I wear size small gloves; when I had one, without the extension, it was a two finger grip. With the extension, I could get a third finger on it. The ambi safety on mine could be activated in the holster, so I got rid of it. I'm not sure why they make the P238 with strong side, but not the P938.

I had one and I have large hands. I was able to get 3 fingers on it with the extended mag. I will say, the 938 is going to be snappy in the hand.

I had one and I have large hands. I was able to get 3 fingers on it with the extended mag. I will say, the 938 is going to be snappy in the hand.
👆👇 concur with this. I have the Springfield equivalents in both 9mm and 380 and the 380 is more pleasant and faster to shoot. Plus, ballistic wise with that short of a barrel, there isint a huge gap in performance. Highly recommend the 380

👆👇 concur with this. I have the Springfield equivalents in both 9mm and 380 and the 380 is more pleasant and faster to shoot. Plus, ballistic wise with that short of a barrel, there isint a huge gap in performance. Highly recommend the 380
I ALWAYS recommend that people's EDC should be the one they shoot the MOST. And the BEST. Mouse-gun sized 9mm's aren't either. They're popular because they're small and marketed well to us CC folks. But they suck to shoot and most people shoot them lousy.

Humans are oblivious, unless one is wearing spray-painted on clothing "printing" is way more worrisome to the one carrying.

If u can carry a larger gun 100% of the time then that's great. I'm not willing to. The p938 is always on me if I'm awake, even at home (ie I carry it 100% of the time). I'm not willing to do that with a larger gun. So for me size of an edc is critical. You can shoot it very well if you practice but I agree larger guns are easier to shoot well.

Hmm, thanks for the responses guys. I have the Sig p238 and I do love it. I was hoping to upgrade to the 9mm version, but I can't find the p938 to handle and to try shooting. I hear what you are saying about 9mm recoil in a small gun and I might just stick with the 238 in 380. Anyone near Corvallis want to meet at a range (perhaps TriTac in Salem) and let me shoot your 938? I'll let you shoot my 238 and my CZ SP-01.

If u can carry a larger gun 100% of the time then that's great. I'm not willing to. The p938 is always on me if I'm awake, even at home (ie I carry it 100% of the time). I'm not willing to do that with a larger gun. So for me size of an edc is critical. You can shoot it very well if you practice but I agree larger guns are easier to shoot well.
There are options that aren't much bigger but are a better shooting gun. That said, I completely understand where you are coming from.

I was in this same camp for several years. All I wanted was the smallest EDC I could find. After a few range trips it quickly became apparent that I don't shoot the tiny little pocket guns all that well. I'm on target, but the groups are sloppy at best. If I HAD to draw my EDC I want to be as fast and accurate as possible. So I started carrying bigger guns. At first, I HATED it. Took me a couple weeks to get used to the extra size and weight. But I stuck with it and now I comfortably carry a G48 or even a G17 depending on the situation. Nobody has ever told me I'm printing.

I ALWAYS recommend that people's EDC should be the one they shoot the MOST. And the BEST. Mouse-gun sized 9mm's aren't either. They're popular because they're small and marketed well to us CC folks. But they suck to shoot and most people shoot them lousy.

Humans are oblivious, unless one is wearing spray-painted on clothing "printing" is way more worrisome to the one carrying.
False. Proficiency and accuracy come second to comfort….

I'll pass on the mouse guns. But that's just me.

302B5CA8-3DDF-4C82-8E6D-EC64474F8819.jpeg

I can fit 4 fingers on it, but my hand size is quite small. I shoot a p365 much better FWIW.