JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had an uncle that carried 20rd mags in his pocket as long as I've known him... aka "my spare bullet holder"... but I never wanted to risk it. He never got caught, but depending on what type of hunt and where... wardens can be on you like white on rice. Then again, I've never even heard of a game warden frisking anyone or asking them to turn out their pockets.

Technically, I don't know what the law is regarding that, but if the powers that be wanted to jam you up, it wouldn't be fun trying to argue that you had no intention of using them. Especially if you had them on your person while hunting.

There are much better and accessible ways to carry spare ammo.

Last Edited:
You are not suppose to have a 30 round mag while hunting. That said, .458 SOCOM rounds "single stack" without any modification to the standard GI magazine feed lips or follower. A standard 20-round 5.56mm NATO magazine can hold seven .458 SOCOM rounds and a standard 30-round 5.56mm NATO magazine can hold ten .458 SOCOM rounds.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top