JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking to the original question, the Larch Mountain area (Corbett one) was closed to shooting in the 90's for two reasons.
1. As mentioned above, there is a lot of residential development up there now around Larch Mt. Road and Palmer Mill Road (gated off to near river elevation).
2. A murder was committed at the shooting area known as the gallery, which ended everything in the area.

Speaking to the original question, the Larch Mountain area (Corbett one) was closed to shooting in the 90's for two reasons.
1. As mentioned above, there is a lot of residential development up there now around Larch Mt. Road and Palmer Mill Road (gated off to near river elevation).
2. A murder was committed at the shooting area known as the gallery, which ended everything in the area.
A murder is one of there reasons to close it?
Classic Oregon.

I used to shoot there myself many moons ago. Although I generally hate the rationale of making everybody else pay for the acts of a few, that place became infamous in the later years.
It was the poster child of what happens when too many don't respect the rules, other shooters, or the land. I can remember having a designated armed observer in our shooting group when other rowdy types would show up at the "gallery".

The actual murder involved a couple teenagers who showed up armed with an AR and killed another shooter they were arguing with over who had shooting rights at the area.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top