JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd bet, it's more the case of shooters who smoke, being careless about their butts or flicking ashes.

I don' Smoke, and I don't Chew, and I don't go with Girls that do....

Having said that, as an older Gentleman, I have learned to also use Plumbers Putty, I am Not careless about anything, Rather More Careful about Certain Things...

"On my Honor, to do my Duty..." Was the Cub Scout OATH I took, shortly after Dynosaurs roamed the Earth... I have Strengthened that Oath, and simplified it.

To GOD & Country.....

...... There are times for Fire Works, and Shooting, and times when the Corn Silk would set itself on Fire, if it had a half a Mind too... Thankfully, the GOD I worship, gave the Brains to those in HIS Likeness, not Corn Silk...

philipism for the day, Chocolate Milk is nice to drink with my Dinner... But Sparks is a City in Nevada. :confused:

I don' Smoke, and I don't Chew, and I don't go with Girls that do....

Having said that, as an older Gentleman, I have learned to also use Plumbers Putty, I am Not careless about anything, Rather More Careful about Certain Things...

"On my Honor, to do my Duty..." Was the Cub Scout OATH I took, shortly after Dynosaurs roamed the Earth... I have Strengthened that Oath, and simplified it.

To GOD & Country.....

...... There are times for Fire Works, and Shooting, and times when the Corn Silk would set itself on Fire, if it had a half a Mind too... Thankfully, the GOD I worship, gave the Brains to those in HIS Likeness, not Corn Silk...

philipism for the day, Chocolate Milk is nice to drink with my Dinner... But Sparks is a City in Nevada. :confused:
awesome!

"Can" is what is at issue here. A common physicist will tell you that a monkey "can" (no pun intended) fly outa yer arsehole. this is a true

I accidentally caused a fire way over east shooting .50 bmg.. I grabbed a APIT round and didn't realize it!! Good thing we had shovels, water and burlap sacks... Or else I would have been on the news.
We were shooting at 1500 yards and by the time we got to the target , an area of about 100'x100' was burning!
Were you at the private shoot by Royal City, WA about 15 to 20 years ago?

If so, I remember that. I didn't have a .50 BMG back then - I was the guy with the M1A bullpup. I remember people shooting with tracer, some of them .50 BMG, in the evening and then a fire getting started on the hill, and it taking them a long time to get to it because they had to take the long way around to get up on the hill.

why in the world would you not go with girl who dip?!?

some of the finest human beings I've ever met. no bs. you got something against logger-daughters?;)

Were you at the private shoot by Royal City, WA about 15 to 20 years ago?

If so, I remember that. I didn't have a .50 BMG back then - I was the guy with the M1A bullpup. I remember people shooting with tracer, some of them .50 BMG, in the evening and then a fire getting started on the hill, and it taking them a long time to get to it because they had to take the long way around to get up on the hill.

Nope that wasn't me! This was over out in the sage/grass near Fort Rock...

I can tell you from personal experience that shooters absolutely can cause a fire.
I've seen it multiple times on ranges and training grounds all over the place.
Last time was in Yakima. We were doing movement drills and set the grass and scrub on fire. No tracers were used either.

Wow, the memory is just crap these days! I've read this thread three times and only just now remembered a fire behind the butts at Fort Lewis, in basic!

I accidentally caused a fire way over east shooting .50 bmg.. I grabbed a APIT round and didn't realize it!! Good thing we had shovels, water and burlap sacks... Or else I would have been on the news.
We were shooting at 1500 yards and by the time we got to the target , an area of about 100'x100' was burning!

Wow! That's got to be a sinking in the pit of your stomach!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top