JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"California Department of Justice agents seized more than 500 firearms from Albert Sheakalee, 59, of Clovis, who is barred from owning them because of mental health reasons, Attorney General Kamala D. Harris announced Wednesday."

"State Department of Justice agents seized 209 handguns, 88 shotguns, 234 rifles, 181 standard capacity magazines, 10 high capacity magazines, 100,521 rounds of various ammunition and 10 assault weapons, including a .50 caliber bolt action rifle, from Sheakalee's home in Clovis."

So a .50 caliber bolt action rifle is an assault weapon???

Only 10 "high capacity" magazines???

I have waaayyyy to many questions about that reporting...

California is the first and only state in the U.S. to establish an automated system for tracking handgun and assault weapon owners who might fall into a prohibited status.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article45405228.html#storylink=cpy

Oh yeah, that's right, we don't want to use registration against you sportsman and hunters, we'd never do that, and oh, by the way, I didn't see anywhere in that article why Mr. Sheakalee was deemed mentally incompetent and also there didn't seem to be any information about compensation to Mr. Sheakalee or the mention of a warrant and as of now no charges have been filed, but he had to pay 11,000 dollars to get out of jail. What I see is a lot of rights violated, rules broken and questions to be answered, but that's probably a pipe dream. Hope he's a fighter and get's help.

As a side thought to this, I'm always confused as to why the number of guns a person owns is any concern? Realistically, a person can only shoot one, maybe 2 guns at a time (pistol in each hand), so why does it matter if they own 2 or 200?

I would really like to see a legal defense fund established to help step in and fight these types of cases. Many advocacy groups have legal defense funds, with attorneys on staff, that specialize in their particular field of law. Aside from the lawyers the NRA has to fight their national battles, is there any legal advocacy group out there that is available to fight these types of cases? If not, I wonder what's holding someone back, someone with the means to do it, from starting one? I could see paying maybe $100-$200 a year (they are expensive to run) to have an attorney ready to pounce should you get targeted by your local government. We belong to one for our home-schooled daughter, and they are very effective all across the U.S. in fighting attacks on individuals by the states. Usually it just takes a letter from their attorneys to turn the government around.

And, just another question - if he was prohibited, how did he manage to acquire 500 guns? Were these bought through FFL's? I can't imagine that at least some of them weren't bought 'through the system'. Seems like if this guy was really a threat, that the state of CA has REALLY dropped the ball in keeping this guy from getting guns.

CA is one messed up pile of sh!t.

related:
"Allah's On The Way": Middle School Students Forced To Sing Ode To Islam In Social Studies Class…

Screen-Shot-2015-11-20-at-7.44.54-AM.png

Via Daily Caller:

A social studies teacher at a taxpayer-funded middle school in Orange County, Calif. has incensed some local parents by instructing her seventh graders to learn and sing a song all about how great Islam is.

The site of the singing was Spring View Middle School in Huntington Beach. The teacher made up the verses and set the ditty to the rousing tune of "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten, reports CBS Los Angeles.

A snippet of the lyrics:

Like a sandstorm in the desert, sending camels into motion,

like how a single faith can make a heart open,

they might only have one god,

but they can make an explosion.

"This is their fight song," the catchy ditty declares. "Spread Islam now song."

Keep reading…

"In the APPS database due to a prior mental health hold, which prohibits an individual from possessing firearms, authorities said." A 5150 bars you from firearms ownership for life? How long ago was the hold? What was the hold for? If he is still a danger to himself and others, why let him out?

number of guns owned/found is flagged especially when it is a lot as media's attempt to establish the mental state of the person (proxy for all gun owners). Afterall, in the new world order under the modified 2nd amendment.. we will be allowed to own a gun at regulators' discretion. When gestapo crashes a door and finds 500 guns, or even 20, that person is a wacko conspiracy nut job afterall the 2A never said we could hoard guns. right? Think of all the children on the streets and in schools that are endangered by that many guns in one place. :rolleyes:

All its going to take is an anonymous phone call to the authorities, just like a NJ family. Somebody say a picture on facebook of a young man holding a S&W 15/22 so they called CPS. 4 policemen and one social worker later, they tried threatening the family with taking the kid away unless the police could walk through the house and search for illegal firearms. It took one call to the families attorney to scare away the social worker.

<broken link removed>

The ONE item that caused the greatest concern was the AMERICAN flag!!!! That by itself brands him as a terrorist!!! If it had been a "black lives matter" banner or an isis flag he would have been left alone!!!

Sheldon

"A check of the Fresno County court computer system shows that Sheakalee has no prior criminal history. He is the owner of the Green Gables Care Home in Clovis."

This is what should scare you. Rights taken away without a conviction of any kind.

Apparently he his too crazy to trust with a gun, but it's totally ok for him to take care of the sick and old.

I escaped CA a year ago. I ain't ever going back.

"When gestapo crashes a door and finds 500 guns, or even 20, that person is a wacko conspiracy nut job afterall the 2A never said we could hoard guns. right? Think of all the children on the streets and in schools that are endangered by that many guns in one place. :rolleyes:"

Now that ya put it that way. Maybe I have too many for one person. I should head to N Portland and distribute them to all:confused:.

Why don't they go after car collections owned by people with DUI convictions?:p

You guy.. You guys..
Confiscation is impossible.. The anti gunners have assured us that they would NEVER register firearms as a means to keep tabs on folks.. Its lunacy to doubt their all powerful retardation. I mean, intelligence and good intentions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top